AWS S3 is a cloud-based storage service that is offered by Amazon. S3 stands for Simple Storage service that is designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers. Here you can read Best Interview questions on AWS S3 that are asked during interviews.
AWS S3 interview questions
- What is AWS s3fs.
- How to install aws s3 cli?
- Explain process of mounting s3 to ec2 instance?
- How to list objects of a S3 bucket?
- How to enable Multipart Upload capability in Amazon S3.
- What is the maximum size of S3 bucket?
- Explain AWS S3 bucket?
- How to Configure Versioning on a Bucket?
- Explain S3 Versioning? What are benefits of using versioning in S3.
- What are options available for protecting data at rest in Amazon S3?
- How to get AWS S3 access key?
- How to delete a AWS s3 bucket?
- How to clear AWS S3 cache?
It is a FUSE filesystem. Amazon web services simple storage service supports it. It can be operated with two different methods
In this type of mode, s3fs is eligible for managing Amazon s3 buckets in several efficient methods.
2. Mount method-
It is used to mount the Amazon s3 bucket as a local file system.
Prerequisite to install AWS CLI.
Python2 version 2.6.5+ or Python3 version 3.3+
Windows, Linux, macOS,or Unix
After that, if you are using Unix or Linux system run below command to install AWS CLI
pip install awscli --upgrade --user
For window and other OS please read: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/installing.html
Follow below steps to mount s3 to ec2 instance
1. Update the system
2. Install the dependencies
sudo apt-get install automake autotools-dev fuse g++ git libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfuse-dev libssl-dev libxml2-dev make pkg-config
3. Clone s3fs source code from git
git clone https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse.git
4. Run below commands to change source code directory, compile and install the code.
cd s3fs-fuse ./autogen.sh ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-openssl make sudo make install
5. Run s3fs command to check where command is placed
6. Get your access key and secret key ready.
7. Create a new file in /etc with the name passwd-s3fs and paste your access key and secret key.
touch /etc/passwd-s3fs vim /etc/passwd-s3fs Your_accesskey:Your_secretkey
8. Change the permission of the file
sudo chmod 640 /etc/passwd-s3fs
9. Now create a directory or provide the path of an existing directory and mount S3bucket in it.
mkdir /mys3bucket s3fs your_bucketname -o use_cache=/tmp -o allow_other -o uid=1001 -o mp_umask=002 -o multireq_max=5 /mys3bucket
aws s3 ls --recursive command on aws CLI to list all files or objects under the specified directory or prefix
In S3 bucket you can store unlimited volume of data and number of objects. A single Amazon S3 objects can be a size of range 0 bytes to 5 terabytes. In single upload request You can put an object of around 5 GB but you must have to enable Multipart Upload capability.
Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is a simple web service interface that allows huge amount of data storage and retrival from anywhere from the internet.Its provides developers highly scalable, reliable, fast and low cost data storage infrastructure.
Related Interview Questions
Aws interview questions
Amazon Interview Questions
Amazon Support Engineer Interview Questions
Amazon Cloud Engineer interview questions
AWS Lambda Interview Questions
Amazon DevOps Engineer Interview Questions
Dynamodb Interview Questions
AWS VPC Interview Questions
AWS S3 interview questions
Amazon Redshift Interview Questions
AWS Ec2 interview questions
AWS ELB interview questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions