AWS S3 is a cloud-based storage service that is offered by Amazon. S3 stands for Simple Storage service that is designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers. Here you can read Best Interview questions on AWS S3 that are asked during interviews.
- Difference between JDBC and Hibernate?
- Interview Tips and Tricks – Its All Abоut Marketing the Skills and Talents
- Digging into the ways to delete multiple records in codeigniter
- How Does A MongoDB Developer Certification Benefit Your Career
- What Is The Best Programming Language For The Mobile Application Development?
AWS S3 interview questions
- Question 1) Explain AWS S3 bucket?
- Question 2) What is the maximum size of S3 bucket?
- Question 3) How to list objects of a S3 bucket?
- Question 4) Explain process of mounting s3 to ec2 instance?
- Question 5) How to install aws s3 cli?
- Question 6) How to clear AWS S3 cache?
- Question 7) How to delete a AWS s3 bucket?
- Question 8) How to get AWS S3 access key?
- Question 9) What are options available for protecting data at rest in Amazon S3?
- Question 10) Explain S3 Versioning? What are benefits of using versioning in S3.
- Question 11) How to Configure Versioning on a Bucket?
- Question 12) How to enable Multipart Upload capability in Amazon S3.
- Question 13) What is AWS s3fs.
Below are the list of Best AWS S3 interview questions and Answers
Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is a simple web service interface that allows huge amount of data storage and retrival from anywhere from the internet.Its provides developers highly scalable, reliable, fast and low cost data storage infrastructure.
In S3 bucket you can store unlimited volume of data and number of objects. A single Amazon S3 objects can be a size of range 0 bytes to 5 terabytes. In single upload request You can put an object of around 5 GB but you must have to enable Multipart Upload capability.
aws s3 ls --recursive command on aws CLI to list all files or objects under the specified directory or prefix
Follow below steps to mount s3 to ec2 instance
1. Update the system
2. Install the dependencies
sudo apt-get install automake autotools-dev fuse g++ git libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfuse-dev libssl-dev libxml2-dev make pkg-config
3. Clone s3fs source code from git
git clone https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse.git
4. Run below commands to change source code directory, compile and install the code.
cd s3fs-fuse ./autogen.sh ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-openssl make sudo make install
5. Run s3fs command to check where command is placed
6. Get your access key and secret key ready.
7. Create a new file in /etc with the name passwd-s3fs and paste your access key and secret key.
touch /etc/passwd-s3fs vim /etc/passwd-s3fs Your_accesskey:Your_secretkey
8. Change the permission of the file
sudo chmod 640 /etc/passwd-s3fs
9. Now create a directory or provide the path of an existing directory and mount S3bucket in it.
mkdir /mys3bucket s3fs your_bucketname -o use_cache=/tmp -o allow_other -o uid=1001 -o mp_umask=002 -o multireq_max=5 /mys3bucket
Prerequisite to install AWS CLI.
Python2 version 2.6.5+ or Python3 version 3.3+
Windows, Linux, macOS,or Unix
After that, if you are using Unix or Linux system run below command to install AWS CLI
pip install awscli --upgrade --user
For window and other OS please read: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/installing.html
You can use invalidations to clear AWS S3 cache. To create invalidations login to AWS Console and go to Distribution Settings > Invalidations > Create Invalidation. Once invalidation is created just type path of file or a wildcard to purge the cache.
Here are steps to delete an S3 bucket:-
- Step1: Login to AWS Management Console.
- Step2: Select S3 from services.
- Step3: Check the bucket you want to delete.
- Step4: Click on the delete button. As confirmation Aws ask you to type the bucket name to delete.
- Step5: Type bucket name and click on the Confirm button.
Versioning allows us to keep multiple variants of an object in a bucket. Versioning helps us to restore an object to a previous or specific version of an object. You can take advantage of versioning to recover a deleted or mistakenly overwritten object.
Versioning helps you to keep multiple versions of an object in one bucket. Here are simple steps to enable versioning on an S3 bucket.
- Step1: Login to your AWS console.
- Step2: From services choose S3.
- Step3: Select a bucket for which you want to enable versioning.
- Step4: Click on the properties tab.
- Step5: Choose versioning from properties.
- Step6: Choose to enable versioning and click on the Ok button.
It is a FUSE filesystem. Amazon web services simple storage service supports it. It can be operated with two different methods
In this type of mode, s3fs is eligible for managing Amazon s3 buckets in several efficient methods.
2. Mount method-
It is used to mount the Amazon s3 bucket as a local file system.
Related Interview Questions
Aws interview questions
Amazon Interview Questions
Amazon Support Engineer Interview Questions
Amazon Cloud Engineer interview questions
AWS Lambda Interview Questions
Amazon DevOps Engineer Interview Questions
Dynamodb Interview Questions
AWS VPC Interview Questions
AWS S3 interview questions
Amazon Redshift Interview Questions
AWS Ec2 interview questions
AWS ELB interview questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions