AWS Ec2 Interview Questions
- Bhavesh Joshi
- 04th Jun, 2022
- 609 Followers
AWS Ec2 Interview Questions
Amazon ECC or Amazon EC2 stands for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud and is one of the other parts of the larger Amazon Cloud services for the computing-based platforms offered by it.
With the help of this service, Amazon users can avail the facility of virtual computer rentals as a framework on which they can easily run their own web programs or applications.
AWS EC2 Interview Questions
1) Explain EC2 in Amazon?
Amazon EC2 stands for Elastic Compute Cloud which is a web service interface. It also provides resizable compute capacity in the AWS cloud. It is used by developers to have complete control over web-scaling and computing resources.
2) Mention some pros and cons of using Amazon EC2?
Some Pros and Cons of using Amazon EC2 is as follows.
- It has the ability to expand resources for the deployment of your cloud according to demand makes it extremely likable.
- Cloud hosting offers excellent backup capabilities, so it's a breeze to go back to the previous version.
- The cloud infrastructure prevents us from maintaining local hardware resources.
- The entire configuration and spin-up process require comprehensive technical knowledge.
- It has a little lack of training documentation and support. We tried to use Lambda expressions in the execution of program flow and found no great resources on this subject.
3) List types of EC2 instances available in AWS?
The types of EC2 instances available in AWS are listed below:
- General-Purpose instances.
- 2. Compute Optimized instances.
- 3. Memory Optimized instances.
- 4. Accelerated Computing instances.
- 5. Storage Optimized instances
4) What is the easiest and safest way to backup in Amazon EC2?
5) For what purpose EC2 instance tags are used?
EC2 instance tags are used for the following purposes:
- It helps you to manage your instances, images, and other Amazon EC2 resources.
- It allows you to assign your own metadata to each resource in the form of tags.
- It enables you to categorize your AWS resources in different ways such as by purpose, owner, or environment.
6) Why do we create instances in AWS?
We should create instances in AWS to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction.
7) List some tools to monitor AWS?
Some tools to monitor AWS are as follows:
- Nagios XI
- SolarWinds® AppOptics
- SolarWinds Papertrail
- StackPath Edge Delivery
- Paessler PRTG Network Monitor
- ManageEngine Applications Manager
- SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer
- SolarWinds Database Performance Monitor
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
8) How do you route a domain name to an EC2 Instance?
To route a domain name to an EC2 Instance follow these steps:
- Open the Route 53 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/route53/.
- In the navigation pane, choose Hosted zones.
- Choose the name of the hosted zone that matches the name of the domain that you want to route traffic for.
- Choose Create Record.
- Specify Routing policy and Choose to Create records values.
9) What is the difference between a public IP and an elastic IP in AWS?
The differences between a public IP and an Elastic IP in AWS are as follows:
|S. N.||Public IP||Elastic IP|
|1||It is assigned to your launched instance.||It is assigned to your AWS account.|
|2||When an instance is terminated the public IP attached to it gets released and further when you relaunch the same instance new IP address is assigned.||Elastic IP does not change and they remain the same even if you terminate the instance and later again restart the same instance.|
10) How to regenerate a .pem file for my AWS EC2 server?
11) What is the difference between a spot instance and an on-demand instance?
12) How to set AWS EC2 CPU utilization to max or use all cores?
13) How do we permanently terminate or delete AWS EC2 instance?
14) What is the purpose of 'Reservations' in Amazon EC2?
15) What is the difference between Amazon ECS and Amazon EC2?
The difference between Amazon ECS and Amazon EC2 are as follows:
|S. N.||Amazon EC2||Amazon ECS|
|1||EC2 is simply a remote virtual machine that you can launch.||ECS is a logical group of EC2 instances on which you can run an application without having to scale your own cluster management infrastructure because ECS manages that for you.|
16) I am not able to ping my AWS EC2 instance. What is the problem?
17) How to find EC2 instances running a certain AMI?
The following steps are used to find EC2 instances running a certain AMI.
- Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
- In the navigation pane, choose AMIs.
- In the navigation pane, choose Snapshots, and select the snapshot (look for the AMI ID in the Description column).
- (Optional) If you are finished with an instance that you launched from the AMI, terminate it
18) What is '2' signifies in EC2 of AWS?
‘2’ signifies the two continuous C’s such as Compute Cloud in EC2 of AWS.
19) What is ec2 snapshot?
An Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) snapshot is a point-in-time representation of the Amazon EBS volume, which is gradually copied to Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and are incremental images of data. This means that individual blocks of EBS volume data that have evolved since the last EBS snapshot are stored in the next EBS snapshot and this is how incremental images of data are produced in Amazon AWS EBS snapshot.
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Most Popular Interview Questions
Latest MCQ Tests
Related Interview Questions
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.