Amazon has always been a dream company for many. Out of all the job designations, a lot of positions open up for AWS VPC developers and company look out for professionals who take up the roles and responsibilities thereby delivering results. The developers, on the other hand, have to go through an interview, which might be challenging.
AWS VPC is a commercial service by Amazon, which shall provide the users with a private virtual cloud by using a technology of OpenStack or HPE Helion Eucalyptus. The users can select their own range of IP addresses for VPC. As far as the security is concerned, the AWS VPC provides two-fold security where it uses a security group for a firewall to keep a track on the traffic at the instance level and applies network access control list to control traffic at the subnet level. The service is free of cost but if the user accesses the VPC account through VPN then it might be chargeable. Thus, the endless features and great service makes AWS VPC platform in demand.
Read Best AWS VPC Interview Questions and Answers
Given below are the top 20 AWS VPC Interview Questions that can be asked by the interview panel during the interview. All the questions listed here are answered in a manner that explains the concept clearly and is easy to understand:
Below are the list of Best AWS VPC Interview Questions and Answers
Question 1. What is AWS VPC ?
AWS VPC better known as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud lets you furnish a logically left out department of the Amazon Web Services. Here you can launch Amazon Web Services Resources in a virtual network that is defined by you. You will have absolute control over your virtual networking environment along with the privilege of choosing your own IP address range, network gateways, the configuration of route tables and the creation of subnets. You can also establish a hardware VPN connection between your corporate data center as well as your VPC and influence the AWS cloud as an extension of your corporate data center.
Question 2. How to connect My VPC to the Internet?
It is good news that Amazon VPC enables the creation of an Internet gateway. This allows Amazon EC2 occurrences in the VPC to access the Internet directly. There are numerous connectivity options for my VPC. You can connect your Virtual Private Cloud to the following:
- Your corporate data center with the help of a Hardware Virtual Private Network connection
- The Internet through an internet gateway
- The Internet as well as your corporate data center, together. You can do this by using both, the virtual private gateway and the Internet gateway.
- Other VPCs through Virtual Private Cloud Peering condition
- Other Amazon Web Services
Question 3. What are the elements of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud?
- VPC- a logically secluded virtual network in the Amazon Web Services cloud. You only need to define a Virtual Private Cloud’s IP address space from the range that you select
- Internet Gateway- Internet Gateway is the Amazon VPC’s side of a connection to the public internet
- Subnet- Subnet is a part of cloud’s IP address space from the range that you select
- NAT Gateway- A highly available and managed NAT service for your resources in a private subnet to use the internet
- Virtual Private Gateway- This is the Amazon VPC’s side of a VPN connection
- Customer Gateway- It is the user’s side of a VPN connection
- Router- Routers interconnect subnets and the direct traffic between Virtual Private Gateways, Internet Gateways, NAT gateways as well as subnets.
Question 4. How to build a custom VPC?
- Create a Virtual Private Cloud
- Then create Subnets
- Further create an Internet Gateway
- Attach this new Gateway to your VPC
- Create a new Route Table
- Add the gateway as a route to the new route table
- Add a subnet to the route table’s subnet association
- Create a web server for public subnet and a database server for the private subnet
- Create a new security group for the NAT
- Add HTTP and HTTPS inbound rules that let in traffic from the private subnets IP
- Create a NAT for public subnet
- Create an elastic IP
- Associate this IP to the NAT
- Disable destination/source checks for the NAT
- Add NAT to the initial VPC route table as a route.
Question 5. What are the advantages of using Amazon Web Services VPC?
Question 6. Can the network traffic in your VPC be monitored?
Question 7. Within which Amazon EC2 Region is Amazon VPC available?
Question 8. Can a VPC span multiple availability zones?
Question 9. How can you differentiate between stateful and stateless filtering?
In case of Stateless Filtering, it doesn’t matter whether a new request is generated or an automatic reply is sent to a request, the filter only seeks the origin or destination IP address & port.
Question 10. How do you specify which availability zone my Amazon EC2 instances are launched in?
When Amazon EC2 instance is launched you must specify the subnet in which to launch the instance. This instance will be then launched in the availability zone that is associated with the given subnet.
Question 11. Can you use your present AMIs in Amazon VPC?
You can very well use your existing AMIs in Amazon VPC that is registered within the same region as your VPC.
Question 12. Are there any bandwidth limitations for Internet gateways?
Question 13. How do you secure Amazon EC2 instances running within My VPC?
Question 14. What are the differences between security groups in a VPC and network ACLS in a VPC?
Question 15. How do you determine which availability zone my subnets are located in?
Question 16. What do you understand by default VPC?
Question 17. State the advantage of a default VPC?
Secondly, without creating a VPC or launching the instances, the user can still avail several features such as different IP address, altering the security group membership, egress filtering of the security group and several network interfaces.