Ionic is mobile app development framework for web developers. It helps web developers to create the Hybrid mobile application. The ionic framework is complete open-source SDK for hybrid mobile app development.By using Ionic you can create a Mobile application on various platforms like Android, IOS, and windows using a single codebase.
IONIC Framework Interview Questions
- 1) What is Ionic Framework?
- 2) What is the difference between PhoneGap, Cordova, and Ionic?
- 3) Who developed Ionic framework?
- 4) How to get the installed version of the Ionic framework?
- 5) What is the difference between ionic polymerization and free-radical?
- 6) List some popular apps built with Ionic Framework?
- 7) How to use service/providers in Ionic?
- 8) How many types of storage available in Ionic framework?
- 9) List few pros and cons of Ionic framework?
- 10) What are the new features included in Ionic2?
- 11) What is the current stable version of Ionic framework?
- 12) How to use observables in an Ionic framework?
- 13) How to parse JSON in Ionic?
- 14) How to open a download link while inside an ionic inAppBrowser?
- 15) How to rename Ionic app from HelloCordova to custom?
- 16) How to update Cordova plugins?
- 17) How to use non-native plugins on Ionic?
- 18) How to get selected value from a select in Ionic?
- 19) How to add a Custom initial splash screen in Ionic?
- 20) How to convert base64 image to blob image in ionic?
- 21) What is the Default Activity Class Name From AndroidManifest.xml?
- 22) How to add maxLength on ion-input?
- 23) How to disable content scrolling in IONIC?
- 24) List few storage options available in IONIC Framework?
- 25) What’s new in IONIC 4?
Below are the list of Best IONIC Framework Interview Questions and Answers
- PhoneGap: PhoneGap is a framework developed by Adobe Systems. It is used for developing mobile applications and can be used by anyone with the knowledge of CSS, HTML, JScript. PhoneGap is a propitiatory version of Apache Cordova and provides extra features apart from the existing Cordova.
- IONIC: IONIC framework is used to build cross-platform mobile apps using web technologies like CSS, HTML. Released in 2013, it was built on top of Angular JS and Apache Cordova.
|IONIC POLYMERIZATION||FREE-RADICAL IONIC|
Here goes a list of some popular applications built with the help of ionic framework: –
- Pacifica: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- TD Trading: Stock Trading App
- Sworkit: Workout and Fitness Plan
- MarketWatch: Stock Market and Business News
- ChefSteps: Cooking Tutorials and Tool
- Nationwide: Insurance and Financial Services
- JustWatch: Streaming Search Engine
- Untappd: Social Discovery and Check-in Network
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Cryptochange: Cryptocurrency Tracker
- HTML5 local storage
- Cookie and session storage
- Webservice/api storage
- Cordova storage.
- All the supported platforms have only one source. Mainly they are android and OSX.
- It is mainly developed in HTML, CSS, and JS. Almost all the developers are familiar with these languages.
- Most importantly, angular is being used which is by default embedded in the ionic framework.
- It is completely free and is considered as one of the best open-source software for developing hybrid mobile applications.
- There is a performance gap between the ionic and the native applications. Ionic apps are not as fast as the native apps.
- Ionic applications may not be as secure as the native applications.
- The ionic applications may lack in some native functions. In such case, plugins have to be developed.
- Ionic2 framework consists of classes unlike ionic1 which has controllers.
- In ionic2, every component has its own folder and its own class file.
- In ionic2, you can automatically generate pages, providers, tabs, pipes, components, and directives.
- In this, more native approach is used for navigation.
The current version of Ionic Framework is 4.0. It was released on Jan. 23, 2019. Ionic uses Angular 6 or above for development. It helps you build native-feeling mobile applications using web technologies. It mainly focuses on the look and feel, and the user interface of your application.
window.open(url, '_blank', 'location=no'); to open a download link while inside an ionic inAppBrowser
To Rename Ionic app from HelloCordova to custom.
Open config.xml file from your project's root directory and update the value inside tags
Use the following command to update Cordova plugins.
npm install -g cordova-check-plugins cordova-check-plugins --update=auto
Frontpage is the default activity name from AndriodManifest.xml
Use Html5 maxlength property to add maxLength on ion-input.
<ion-content padding> <ion-list> <ion-item> <ion-label color="primary" stacked>Stacked Label</ion-label> <ion-input type="text" maxlength="4" placeholder="Password Input"></ion-input> </ion-item> </ion-list> </ion-content>
Add no-bounce property in <ion-content> element to disable content scrolling in IONIC.
LocalStorage, IndexedDB or SQLite Plugin, websql, pouchdb, SessionStorage are few storage options available in Ionic Framework.
Ionic 4 comes with following outstanding Features that make cross-app development more easy and comfortable.
- Web Components
- Stencil (web component compiler)
- ion-Backdrop (Full-screen components which overlay other components)
- ion-Ripple Effect
- Color Changes
- Lazy Loading
- CSS Variables
- Ionic Native 5
Ionic Framework was developed by Max Lynch, Ben Sperry and Adam Bradley of Drifty Co. in 2013.
Difference between HTML5, native and a hybrid app are
- Native app: A native application is basically a software or a program that is basically designed to perform a specific task on a specific platform.
- Hybrid app: Hybrid apps are nothing but it is quite similar to the native apps. The only reason here is that it can be downloaded from the platform app store. The functions that it can perform are quite similar to the native apps.
- HTML5 apps: The HTML5 apps can be used elsewhere in any platform of any mobile device.
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions