IONIC framework interview questions and answers
Ionic is mobile app development framework for web developers.It helps web developers to create the Hybrid mobile application. The ionic framework is complete open-source SDK for hybrid mobile app development.By using Ionic you can create a Mobile application on various platforms like Android, IOS, and windows using a single codebase
Below are the list of Latest Ionic framework interview questions and answers for beginners and experienced
- What is Ionic Framework?
- List some advantages and disadvantages of IONIC Framework
- What is the current stable version of IONIC Framework?
- What’s new in IONIC 3?
- What is the difference between PhoneGap, Cordova, and Ionic?
- How to get the installed version of the Ionic framework?
- Ionic Framework developed by whom?
- What is the difference between ionic polymerization and free-radical?
- What is the difference between HTML5, Native and a Hybrid app?
- List some popular apps built with Ionic Framework?
- How to use Observables in Ionic Framework?
- How to use service/providers.
- Ionic File and Folder Structure (v1 and v2)
- How to open a download link while inside an ionic inAppBrowser?
- How to rename Ionic app from HelloCordova to custom?
- How to update Cordova plugins?
- How to use non-native plugins on Ionic?
- How to parse JSON in Ionic?
- How to get selected value from a select in Ionic?
- How to add a Custom initial splash screen in Ionic?
- How to convert base64 image to blob image in ionic?
- What is the Default Activity Class Name From AndroidManifest.xml?
- Where is maxLength on ion-input?
- How to disable content scrolling in IONIC?
- How many types of storage available in IONIC Framework?
Q1. What is Ionic Framework?
Also, Read 80+ AngularJS Interview Questions
Q2. What is the difference between PhoneGap, Cordova, and Ionic?
PhoneGap: PhoneGap is a framework developed by Adobe Systems. It is used for developing mobile applications and can be used by anyone with the knowledge of CSS, HTML, JScript. PhoneGap is a propitiatory version of Apache Cordova and provides extra features apart from the existing Cordova.
IONIC: IONIC framework is used to build cross-platform mobile apps using web technologies like CSS, HTML. Released in 2013, it was built on top of Angular JS and Apache Cordova.
Q3. Who developed Ionic framework?
Ionic Framework was created by Drifty Co. in 2013 and developed by Max Lynch, Ben Sperry, and Adam Bradley.
Q4. How to get the installed version of the Ionic framework?
Run ionic.version command in the console of your web browser to check installed version of IONIC Framework.
Q5. What is the difference between ionic polymerization and free-radical?
|IONIC POLYMERIZATION||FREE-RADICAL IONIC|
Q6. List some popular apps built with Ionic Framework?
Here goes a list of some popular applications built with the help of ionic framework: –
- Pacifica: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- TD Trading: Stock Trading App
- Sworkit: Workout and Fitness Plan
- MarketWatch: Stock Market and Business News
- ChefSteps: Cooking Tutorials and Tool
- Nationwide: Insurance and Financial Services
- JustWatch: Streaming Search Engine
- Untappd: Social Discovery and Check-in Network
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Cryptochange: Cryptocurrency Tracker
Q7. How to use service/providers in Ionic?
Services play an important role in Ionic framework as they provide information to our application and perform various tasks for us. ConnectivityMonitor, SimpleAlert, data, GoogleMaps, etc. are some of the services which are built in ionic framework. There are few concepts which are to be kept in mind while creating a service. Importing a service, adding a provider to it, and injecting it is the most important thing. The services should be imported in the classes where they are to be used. When it is injected inside a constructor, a new member variable is created which can be accessed from anywhere within the class. A provider can be added in a service by two ways. Either it can be added to an individual component, or it can be added globally to the application when bootstrapping the root component.
Q8. How many types of storage available in Ionic framework?
The easy way to store key or values and JSON objects is known as storage in Ionic Framework. In this various storage, engines are used. While on the web application, the storage will tend to use IndexedDB, WebSQL, and localstorage. Various types of storage are available in ionic framework. Some of them are –
- HTML5 local storage
- Cookie and session storage
- Webservice/api storage
- Cordova storage.
Q9. List some advantages and disadvantages of Ionic framework?
Everything has some pros and cons.
Some advantages and disadvantages of Ionic framework are listed below: –
- All the supported platforms have only one source. Mainly they are android and OSX.
- It is mainly developed in HTML, CSS, and JS. Almost all the developers are familiar with these languages.
- Most importantly, angular is being used which is by default embedded in the ionic framework.
- It is completely free and is considered as one of the best open-source software for developing hybrid mobile applications.
- There is a performance gap between the ionic and the native applications. Ionic apps are not as fast as the native apps.
- Ionic applications may not be as secure as the native applications.
- The ionic applications may lack in some native functions. In such case, plugins have to be developed.
Q10. What are the new features included in Ionic2?
There is a reason why Ionic2 framework is better than the Ionic1 framework. Here are some features which were included in the ionic2 framework when it was being developed.
- Ionic2 framework consists of classes unlike ionic1 which has controllers.
- In ionic2, every component has its own folder and its own class file.
- In ionic2, you can automatically generate pages, providers, tabs, pipes, components, and directives.
- In this, more native approach is used for navigation.
Q11. What is the current stable version of Ionic framework?
Ionic currently requires Angular JS in order to work as its full potential. The current stable version of the ionic framework is ionic 3.0. It was released on 24th February, 2017. It helps you build native-feeling mobile applications using web technologies. It mainly focuses on the look and feel, and the user interface of your application.
Q12. How to use observables in an Ionic framework?
Observables are something that are not specific to Ionic or Angular and are provided by the RxJS library. Observables are almost similar to the promises but can do a lot more. It can deal with multiple values at a time rather than just resolving one value. You can even subscribe to an observable to manipulate the data which is associated with it. Observables are considered to be “lazy”, i.e. they won’t get executed until and unless they are subscribed to. Various operations can be applied to the observables for modifying it and returning a new one. You can even create your own observable. The observable patterns are combined into one with the help of subject which is preferred for simple implementations.
Also Prepare Angular 4 interview questions