Top 10 Magento Interview questions and answers for freshers and Experienced
1. Explain Registry pattern in Magento?
In Magento, you can register an object or data with Mage::register function,
After it is registered, you can call it with Mage::registry by passing identifier name:
You can also unregister an object at any time with Mage::unregister
This is especially helpful transferring data between Models and Blocks without having to instantiate an entire class and load data.
2. What is Magento?
3. What are the different versions of Magento?
- Magento Enterprise Edition
- Magento Community Edition
- Magento Professional Edition
- Magento .go Edition
Also, Read WordPress Interview Questions -2018
4. What are the unique advantages of Magento MVC architecture when building a site?
Magento follows PHP MVC (Model-View-Controller) application architecture.
Model View Controller design Pattern is used to keep the code modular and clean to assist in programming (keep things separate).
It divides a given software application into three interconnected parts, so as to separate internal representations of information from the ways that information is presented to or accepted from the user.
The central component, the model, consists of application data, business rules, logic and functions.A view can be any output representation of information, such as a chart or a diagram
Multiple views of the same information are possible, such as a bar chart for management and a tabular view for accountants.
The third part, the controller, accepts input and converts it to commands for the model or view.
5. What is the difference between Omni Channel and multichannel retailing?
MultiChannel means providing different platform like web, mobile, etc. to facilitate the sale of products/item
Omni Channel Retailing
Omni-Channel is a step above MultiChannel. Omni-Channel dictates that we should provide same brand experience irrespective of channel/medium customer choose
6. List product types exist in Magento?
7. In Magento which product types implement a parent-child relationship between product entities?
8. Explain Magento’s Compilation feature?
9. What are the differences between EAV and Flat model?
The flat model uses just one table, so it’s not normalized and uses more database space. It clears the EAV overhead, but not good for dynamic requirements where you may have to add more columns in database table in future. It’s good when comes to performance, as it will only require one query to load whole product instead of joining 5-6 tables to get just one product’s details. Columns are called fields in flat model.
10. What is the difference between “pay” and “capture” operations in Magento?
Pay: This basically sets the invoice state is ‘paid’, this works for both when payment is online or offline.
Capture: This is when actual payment processing happens online, and the capture() method in our payment method is called. After capture, pay() is called.
11. What scripting language and database management system does Magento use?