Below are few Amazon Redshift Interview Questions that can be asked by an interviewer in Amazon Redshift Interviews.
Amazon Redshift Interview Questions
- 1) What is Amazon Redshift? How it work?
- 2) What are the limitations of Amazon Redshift?
- 3) Which query language is used by Amazon Redshift?
- 4) Explain the architecture of Amazon Redshift?
- 5) List some Pros and Cons of Amazon Redshift?
- 6) What is redshift spectrum?
- 7) What are key differences between SQL Server and Amazon Redshift?
- 8) What problems have you faced while working with Amazon Redshift?
- 9) How do we execute sql file on Redshift?
- 10) What are cluster in Redshift? How do I create and delete a cluster in AWS redshift ?
- 11) What is Amazon Redshift ODBC?
- 12) How to connect a private Redshift cluster?
- 13) How to Stop/Start Redshift cluster?
Below are the list of Best Amazon Redshift Interview Questions and Answers
An Amazon Redshift data repository is a business-class relational database query and administration system. It provides connection of clients with a great number of applications including reporting, business intelligent (BI) and analytics tools.
Amazon Redshift has great storage and excellent query performance with an aggregation of column data storage, massively parallel processing, targeted data compression encoding schemes. It is all about the architecture of Redshift system architecture
Redshift Spectrum is one of the popular features of Amazon web services. It allows you to do complex analysis of data that is stored in AWS cloud faster. The redshift spectrum is perfect for a data analyst who is performing on SQL queries in the bucket of Amazon S3. For the purpose of analysis, one can easily load data to the cluster of Amazon redshift from Amazon S3. The two major reasons for using the redshift spectrum are, it is budget-friendly as the pricing is dependable on the size of the cluster and the efforts in loading data are a bit less than any other source. If we talk about the spectrum of redshift it is a kind of bridge for providing an interface between redshift and S3 data.
- Majority of the people facing the problem of the queries which are very slow and take a lot of time answering it.
- Another problem that is seemed is on the dashboard. The dashboard is too slow.
- Another problem in the Amazon Redshift is “black box”. It is very difficult to observe ‘what’s going on’.
You can be done this job by using a simple Python script running on an EC2 to set up a JDBC connection to Redshift. When it is done, execute the queries in the your.SQL file
Computing resources in Amazon Redshift data warehouse are called nodes which are further arranged in a group known as a cluster.
This cluster contains at least one database and it works on Amazon Redshift engine.
To create a Cluster, you have to follow these steps: -
- The very first step to create a cluster is open the Amazon ECS console by using this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/ecs/.
- After that, you need to select the region to use which you can find from the navigation bar.
- When it is done, select cluster in the navigation panel.
- Then, select Create Cluster can be seen on the Cluster page.
- At last, you should select the selection compatibility which might be networking, EC2 Linux+ networking or EC2 window + networking.
To delete a cluster in AWS, follow these steps: -
The very first step to delete a cluster is to need you to open the Amazon Redshift console by using this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/redshift/.
- After that, select the Cluster which you want to remove from the navigation panel
- When it is done, on the Configuration tab of the cluster details page and then select Cluster, and after that select Delete option.
- Before going through the end, you need to do some final steps one of the following in the Delete Cluster dialog box.
- You must choose YES to remove the cluster in creating a snapshot and then take the last snapshot. And then you give the name to that snapshot. And finally, select the delete option.
- Or you can do choose NO to delete in creating a snapshot without the taking final snapshot and then select the delete option.
By selecting the option NO, you access for your private IP address within the VPC. Bu doing this, you execute the public IP address. Now, the way of its accessing is through the VPC.
One more method most of the people use to connect to a private database is by using the port forwarding by a Bastion server.
Related Interview Questions
Aws interview questions
Amazon Interview Questions
Amazon Support Engineer Interview Questions
Amazon Cloud Engineer interview questions
AWS Lambda Interview Questions
Amazon DevOps Engineer Interview Questions
Dynamodb Interview Questions
AWS VPC Interview Questions
AWS S3 interview questions
Amazon Redshift Interview Questions
AWS Ec2 interview questions
AWS ELB interview questions
Amazon RDS Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions