Computing resources in Amazon Redshift data warehouse are called nodes which are further arranged in a group known as a cluster.
This cluster contains at least one database and it works on Amazon Redshift engine.
To create a Cluster, you have to follow these steps: -
- The very first step to create a cluster is open the Amazon ECS console by using this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/ecs/.
- After that, you need to select the region to use which you can find from the navigation bar.
- When it is done, select cluster in the navigation panel.
- Then, select Create Cluster can be seen on the Cluster page.
- At last, you should select the selection compatibility which might be networking, EC2 Linux+ networking or EC2 window + networking.
To delete a cluster in AWS, follow these steps: -
The very first step to delete a cluster is to need you to open the Amazon Redshift console by using this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/redshift/.
- After that, select the Cluster which you want to remove from the navigation panel
- When it is done, on the Configuration tab of the cluster details page and then select Cluster, and after that select Delete option.
- Before going through the end, you need to do some final steps one of the following in the Delete Cluster dialog box.
- You must choose YES to remove the cluster in creating a snapshot and then take the last snapshot. And then you give the name to that snapshot. And finally, select the delete option.
- Or you can do choose NO to delete in creating a snapshot without the taking final snapshot and then select the delete option.