SVG Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers.
1. What is SVG Stands for?
SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics.
2. How to Add SVG in HTML?
You can add SVG on your webpage or HTML by using following any of following ways.
- Using an <object> Tag
- Using an <embed> Tag
- Within an <iframe>
- Using <svg> Tag
- Using an <img> Tag
3. List some advantages and disadvantages of using SVG?
Advantages of SVG
- Easy to create
- Smaller in Size
- Accessible DOM Node-Based API
- Easier to create very detailed graphics
Disadvantages of SVG
- Complex Development structure
- Performance issues
- Compatibility Issues
4. What is VML in SVG?
5. List some predefined shapes available in SVG?
Basic predefined shapes available in SVG
- straight lines,
- rectangles with or without rounded corners
Also, read 15 bootstrap interview questions 2017
What is Metadata?
Metadata is data about data. In SVG titles, descriptions, subjects, creators and other properties about the SVG image is its MetaData.
7. What is Radial Gradients in SVG?
radialGradient is an element of SVG that allows authors to define radial gradients to fill or stroke graphical elements.It produces a ring (or rings) of color instead of stripes.Here is sample code to define an ellipse with a radial gradient from blue to red:
<svg height="150" width="500"> <defs> <radialGradient id="grad1" cx="50%" cy="50%" r="50%" fx="50%" fy="50%"> <stop offset="0%" style="stop-color:rgb(0,0,255); stop-opacity:0" /> <stop offset="100%" style="stop-color:(255,0,0);stop-opacity:1" /> </radialGradient> </defs> <ellipse cx="200" cy="70" rx="85" ry="55" fill="url(#grad1)" /> </svg>
8. Define VRML?
VRML stands for Virtual Reality Modeling Language.It is an open Standard programming Language used for creating three-dimensional (3-D) designs and Web-based models, textures, and illusion. VRML is also known as Virtual Reality Markup Language.
9. List major internet browsers support SVG:
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Firefox 4+
- Chrome 4+
- Safari 4+
- Opera 9.5+
10. Where you can use SVG images.
Following are few practical applications for SVG.
- Road Map
- Complex UI elements
- Logos and simple animated games.
- In creating Responsive Ads.
- Embedded Systems
- GIS and Mapping
Further Reading About SVG: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics
11. What are SVG filters? List some commonly used filters?
12. Which SVG tag is used to draw any path?