Photoshop Interview Questions
- Ambrish Gupta
- 08th Nov, 2022
- 913 Followers
Photoshop Interview Questions
Practice Best Photoshop Interview Questions and Answers
What is Photoshop?
Photoshop is the world's most popular image editing and retouching software. It is used by millions of creative professionals, including photographers, illustrators, and motion graphic artists. With a wide range of supported image formats, it makes digital painting faster than ever before.
Photoshop is a new passion and the buzzing trend lures many aspirants toward it. Well, many of you might also have gotten lured and are looking ahead to a bright future in this artwork. If you are well-acknowledged for Photoshop and are waiting to land a job. Then, here we provide you 30+ Best Photoshop Interview Questions and Answers that will help you in cracking the interview.
Quick Questions About Photoshop.
|Photoshop was originally created by||Thomas Knoll & John Knoll in 1988|
|Photoshop was developed by||Adobe Inc.|
|Photoshop was initially released on||19 Feb. 1990 (About 32 Years Ago)|
|Photoshop is written in||C++ Programming Language|
|Photoshop is a type of||Raster graphic editor|
Photoshop Interview Questions
1) Explain what is Adobe Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop is a raster graphics editor. It developed by Adobe Systems for macOS and Windows operating system. A number of modifications and adjustments in the images can be done using Adobe Photoshop.
2) Can you tell which the latest version of Adobe Photoshop is?
As on October 2018, Photoshop CC (version 19.1.6) is the latest version of Adobe Photoshop and It was updated in August 2018.
3) Explain about the Photoshop work area?
Photoshop work area comprises the following:
- Tools panel
- Application Bar
- Document Window
- Option Bar
- Panel Dock.
4) What is Gradient in Photoshop?
The gradient is an amazing way to introduce flashy and eye-catching graphics on the pages.
5) List some important tools in Adobe Photoshop?
Some of the important tools in Adobe Photoshop are:
- Rectangular Marquee Tool (M)
- Red Eye Tool (J)
- Gradient Tool (G)
- Eraser Tool (E)
- Clone Stamp Tool (S)
- Brush Tool (B)
- Healing Brush Tool (J)
- Slice Tool (K)
- Crop Tool (C)
- Magic Wand Tool (W)
- Polygon Lasso Tool (L)
- Move Tool (V)
6) How can you select the exact color to match?
An eye-dropper tool can be used to select the exact color to match. Select the foreground color square and cover it using the paint bucket tool or brush tool. The clone stamp tool can also be used. Use the Alt+ key and select where you want the color to be filled and cover up the area holding down the mouse button.
7) Can you explain smart object in Photoshop?
The layer is known as the smart object in Photoshop. It contains the image data from raster or vector images like Photoshop or Illustrator file.
8) Explain Lasso tools?
Using the Lasso tools, a precise area of an image can be selected. There are three Lasso tools:
- Simple Lasso Tool
- Polygonal Lasso Tool
- Magnetic Lasso Tool
9) Explain what a clipping mask is?
It is created in Photoshop when the content of one layer is used to mask the layers above it. So, it is basically like clipping around the artwork to fit the figure of the object on the layer.
10) What are swatches palettes?
They are the set of colors that are used without remembering the numeric codes of the colors. Colors can also be extracted from an available image. The users have additional options of using default swatches and custom swatches.
11) Explain histogram in Photoshop?
It represents the distribution of tones of the whole image. It shows the details of the image like shadows, mid-tones, and highlights. This helps you in determining whether an image has enough details for a good correction or not.
12) How do you crop an image in Adobe Photoshop?
The process of cropping an image involves the following steps:
- Select any random part of the image.
- From the menu, select the shape of the cropping tool.
- Hold the shift key and drag to select the marquee to circle or square.
- Hold marquee from the center, after selecting and cropping the image, hold down Alt.
13) How do you organize layers in Adobe Photoshop?
Organizing layers in Adobe Photoshop?
- Layers show an image.
- To place separate images as multiple layers, the layer option is used.
- Lock the unused layers while unlocking the layers in use.
- When there is a need to change two or more layers, unlock the layers
14) How will you resize the image in Adobe Photoshop?
Click on the menu bar and under the menu bar, an option "Image size" is found.
When clicked on, it will open a dialog box, using which you can adjust the image’s size.
15) What Magic wand tool does?
It is a tool in Photoshop that selects pixels based on color and tone
16) What does a clone stamp tool do?
It paints one part of the image over the other part or some part of one layer over other layer of any same image or document that has the same color mode.
It is used to duplicate objects or remove the defect
17) What a brush tool does?
It is a simple painting tool located in the standard toolbar that works like traditional drawing tool using strokes.
18) How do you print the grid in Adobe Photoshop?
Place the non-printing grid in a way you want the print and take the screenshot image.
Open a new file and paste your screenshot image.
Later drop the background of the Photoshop window, whereas the image with a grid is exceptional.
19) How will you unlock the background in Adobe Photoshop?
Click on the picture or image and then select the MODE option.
Next, select the GRAYSCALE option and revert to LAYER.
When double clicked on the surface, the surface gets unlocked
20) What is a Healing tool?
To hide the unwanted spots or pictures that are seen in the original picture, the healing tool is used.
And, the use of healing tool brings no changes in the appearance of the image.
But the tool use is complicated, where the algorithm is used which will be the area of the image based on surrounding pixels.
21) Explain the difference between PSB and PSD?
Both of them are used to store digital images but they differ in how they are stored and used.
PSD supports file size of 30,000 by 30,000 pixels and is a default extension for Photoshop, whereas the PSB supports 300,000 by 300,000 pixel
22) How can you create an artistic border?
In order to create an artistic border, follow the below steps:
- Select an image
- Add layer mask in pallet
- Select filter_> brush strokes _> sprayed strokes.
23) Explain what is a Gaussian blur?
It is a tool that blurs the edges of the image to make the image look more real and adaptive to the surroundings.
Gaussian blur when used intellectually enhances the image’s appearance.
24) Which tool is used to combine images?
To combine the images, the Auto-blend command can be used. It uses layer masks as per the requirement to mask-out over underexposed areas.
25) How does the Red Eye tool work?
It can be considered as a repairing tool.
Just circle the area where the problem has occurred and use the red-eye tool there.
It will automatically identify and replace it by dark-gr
26) Explain what a Bezier curve is?
It is a curve that is mathematically defined and is used in two-dimensional graphics applications.
They are generally defined by four points that are the initial point, two middle positions, and a terminating point.
27) Define path?
It can be defined as a collection of disconnected areas and line segments that describe the image.
It can’t be drawn, but after it is specified, it can be filled and stroked.
28) Can you explain what a Photoshop Lightroom is?
It is a software designed for photographers to make the photography’s post-processing work easy.
The key features of Lightroom are:
- PNG support
- Full-Screen mode
- Windows HiDPI support
- User Configurable Grid Overlays.
29) How will you fix blown out colors in Lightroom?
Go to the local adjustment brush option available in the Lightroom and adjust the color.
The effect of the color can either be reduced or balanced by increasing the proportion of the opposite color.
30) Can you mention the shortcut to e-mail photos directly from the Lightroom?
In order to e-mail photos directly from the lightroom, press Command+Shift+M (MAC) /Control+Shift+M
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Most Popular Interview Questions
Latest MCQ Tests
Related Interview Questions
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.