20+ Selenium Interview questions and answers.
Below are top 20 Selenium Interview questions and answers.
1. What Evaluation can Selenium Do?
Selenium Could be Utilized for the purposeful, Regression, load testing of the Internet-based program. The Automation Tool may be executed for post release validation with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Speedy Build or Cruise Control.
2. Just how much does Selenium License cost per Customer Device?
Selenium is open-source software, released under the Apache 2.0 license and can be downloaded and used without charge .
3. Where to obtain Selenium ?
Selenium Can be Downloaded and Installed for free-form Seleniumhq.org
4. What is Selenium IDE?
Selenium IDE IS A Firefox addon that records clicks, typing, and other activities to make a test instances, which QA Tester can play-back in the Firefox Browser or Export to Selenium RC. Selenium IDE has the Following attributes record/play feature, debugging with step-by-stage and breakpoints, webpages abstraction performance, an extensibility capacity enabling the utilization of addons or person extensions that expand the functionality of Selenium IDE.
5. What are the limitations of Selenium IDE?
Selenium IDE has several great features and is a profitable and well-organized test automation application for building check circumstances, in the same time Selenium IDE is missing certain vital characteristics of a testing program: conditional statements, loops, logging performance, exception handling, reporting performance, database screening, re-execution of failed tests and screenshots shooting capability. Selenium IDE doesn’t for IE, Safari and Opera browsers.
6. What exactly is Selenium Remote-Control (RC) tool?
Selenium Remote Control (RC) is the strong solution for check cases that need more than simple browser actions and linear execution. Selenium-Remote Control lets the developing of complex test scenarios
7. What programing language is most useful for creating Selenium Evaluations?
The internet programs could be created in Java, Ruby, PHP, Python or some other web framework. There are definite advantages for using exactly the same language for creating test instances as program under evaluation. As an example, in the event the team already possess the experience with Java, QA Tester could consistently get the bit of guidance while mastering Selenium test instances in Java. Occasionally it is best to select more straightforward programming language that can ultimately provide better success. In this situation QA examiners can embrace simpler programming languages, for instance Ruby, considerably quicker comparing with Java, and will become become specialists when you possibly can.
8. When should I use Selenium IDE?
Selenium IDE is the simplest and easiest of all of the software inside the Selenium Program. Its record and playback feature makes it extremely simple to understand with minimal acquaintances to any programing language. Selenium IDE is an ideal tool to get a nave person.
9. What’s Selenese?
Selenese is the language that will be used to write test scripts in Selenium IDE.
10. What will be the different kinds of locators in Selenium?
Locator might be known as an tackle that identifies a internet component uniquely within the web page. Hence, to identify internet elements correctly and exactly we’ve got different types of locators in Selenium:
- CSS Selector
11. Why should Selenium be selected as a test program?
- Selenium is free and open source
- It has a big user base and assisting communities
- Cross Browser compatibility (Firefox, chrome, Ie, Safari etc.)
- Have amazing platform compatibility (Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc.)
- Supports numerous programming languages (Java, C#, Ruby, Python, Pearl etc.)
- Has clean and regular repository developments
- Supports dispersed testing
12. What is Selenium? What are different Selenium components?
Selenium is one of the most used automated testing packages. Selenium was made in a way to to guide and inspire automation testing of practical aspects of web based applications and also a wide array of browsers and platforms. Because of its being in the open source community, it has become among the very most accepted tools amongst the screening specialists.
Selenium is not only one tool or a utility, rather a program of several testing resources and for the same reason it’s called a Suite. Every one of these programs is designed to cater different testing and evaluation environment conditions.
The suite package makes up of the following sets of resources:
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE) Selenium IDE is a record and playback application. It is distributed as a Firefox Plugin.
- Selenium Remote Control (RC) Selenium RC is a host that allows user to create test scripts in a desired programming language. In addition, it enables executing test scripts inside the big spectrum of browsers.
- Selenium WebDriver WebDriver is not the same instrument totally that has numerous advantages over
- Selenium RC. WebDriver immediately communicates with all the browser and uses its native compatibility to automate.
- Selenium Grid Selenium Grid is utilized to distribute your test execution on several platforms and environments concurrently.
13. What are the testing kinds that can be supported by Selenium?
Selenium supports the following varieties of testing:
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
14. What will be the limits of Selenium?
Following are the constraints of Selenium:
- Selenium supports testing of only internet based applications
- Cellular applications cannot be examined using Selenium
- Captcha and bar-code readers are unable to be analyzed using Selenium
- Reports can only be generated using third party resources like TestNG or Junit.
- As Selenium is a totally free program, so there’s no ready seller support although the user can locate numerous helping communities.
- User is anticipated to possess previous programming language information.
15. What you say in regards to the flexibility of Selenium test suite?
Selenium testing suite is highly adaptable. There are numerous ways to incorporate functionality to Selenium framework to customize test automation. As compared to other test automation tools, it is Seleniums most powerful feature. Selenium Remote Control assistance for several programming and script languages allows the test automation engineer to construct any logic they want in their automated testing and to work with a favored programming or scripting language of ones choice. Also, the Selenium testing package is an open source project where code can be modified and enhancements can be submitted for contribution.
16. What test can Selenium do?
Selenium is essentially used for the functional testing of web based programs. It can be utilized for screening in the continuous integration environment. It really is also useful for agile testing
17. What exactly is the price of Selenium test-suite?
Selenium test suite a set of open-source software tool, it’s free of price.
18. What programming languages are you able to use in Selenium RC?
C#, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
19. What is difference between QTP and Selenium?
Only web applications can be testing using Selenium testing package. Nonetheless, QTP can be used for testing client-server programs. Selenium supports following browsers: Ie, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Konqueror on Windows, Macos X, and Linux. However, QTP is restricted to Internet Explorer on Windows. QTP utilizes scripting language implemented on top of VB Script. Nevertheless, Selenium test suite has the flexibility to use many languages like Java, .Net, Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
20. What’s difference between Borland Silk evaluation and Selenium?
Selenium is completely free test automation tool, while Silk Test is not. Only web applications can be analyzing using Selenium testing suite. However, Silk Test can be utilized for testing client-server programs. Selenium supports following browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Konqueror on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Yet, Silk Test is limited to Ie and Firefox. Silk Check uses 4Test scripting language. Yet, Selenium test-suite has the flexibility to use many languages like Java,.Net, Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
21. What’s new in Selenium 3.0?
Selenium 3.0 is the latest version of Selenium. It has released 2 beta versions of selenium 3.0 with few of the below changes:
Selenium Interview questions
|Beta 1 updates||Beta 2 updates (Only for Java)|
|Minimum Java version is now 8+||System property webdriver.firefox.marionette now forces the server in marionette or legacy firefox driver mode, ignoring any related Desired Capability|
|It will support for Firefox Via Mozilla’s geckodriver||Grid fixes NPE’s on registration when -browser not specified|
|Support for Edge is provided by MS|
It now supports Safari on MacOS via Apple’s own Safari driver
|Update GeckoDriver –port argument in all bindings|