Bugzilla Interview Questions
- Yogesh Sinha
- 15th Jun, 2022
- 1096 Followers
Bugzilla Interview Questions
Bugzilla is a bug tracking system through which you can analyze and identify the issues related to the bug and keep a track over them. The user can also provide the interactive spreadsheets in order to transmit information like products or version. Below presented is a complete set of Bugzilla interview questions and answers through which you can definitely crack your next interview.
Bugzilla Interview Questions
1) What is Bugzilla?
Bugzilla is defined as a bug tracking system and a testing tool that was originally developed and used by the Mozilla project. It was released by open-source software and was adopted by many organizations for the purpose of a bug tracking system and can be used for both proprietary projects and products as well as free and open-source software.
2) Name few of the components of Bugzilla?
The components of Bugzilla include –
- Administration and general assembling
- All of the documentation
- All of the incoming and outgoing emails.
- Bug list and everything related to it.
- Reporting and managing the generating reports.
- Every detailed aspect of the user account and its management from a user’s perspective.
- User interfaces and issues related to it.
3) What are reports in Bugzilla?
Yes, Bugzilla is a defect management protocol hence reports are actually a piece of defect or work which are utilized to analyze the current state of bug. One of the essential motives of defect report is to analyze the behavior, communication and the stage of the defect which is occurring at any of the stages in the life cycle.
4) How will you identify a bug in Bugzilla?
The significant feature of Bugzilla is that page which displays entire details of a bug. For most of the pages, labels are hyperlinks. Thus, clicking over them will take to the next context of that individual field. If the field is marked by ‘*’ then they might not be present at every installation.
5) Name some of the fields of Bugzilla?
The fields of Bugzilla are-Product
- Operating system
6) Mention about the graphical reports in Bugzilla?
A group of line, a bar or Pie Charts is referred to be as graphical reports they are very helpful in order to perform a number of functions. For example, if any of the users want to know about the component which has the maximum number of defects and want to represent it in a graph then they collect it from the options like-
- Severity on x-axis
- Component on y-axis
7) Can you explain the working of Bugzilla?
Bugzilla majorly performs the following-
- It tracks the bugs and code changes.
- It can communicate with fellow mates.
- It can efficiently submit the patches.
- It can review.
- It can manage quality assurance.
8) Can you present an elaborative description of Bugzilla?
Bugzilla is a defect management tool which allows the development and modification with its segments on the web interface. It is an open source tool which allows the testing in order to figure out the defects. It also supports ‘defect tracking system’ or ‘bug tracking system’.
9) If I will ask you to create a user account in Bugzilla, how will you do it?
In order to create a user account in Bugzilla, I would perform-
- First I will enter the email address and the actual name of the user in the space. Then I will select the ‘create account’ button.
- After clicking over the above, I will receive a confirmation email which will contain the essential login details. A password will be provided in order to access the account later.
10) Mention the systems that are required for the deployment of Bugzilla?
For the deployment of Bugzilla the system requirement is-
- Compatible database management system (MySQL).
- A perfect release of Perl 5.
- Association of Perl modules.
- Compatible web server.
- Any of the suitable mail transferring protocol.
11) Bugzilla is written in which language and name its latest version?
Bugzilla was launched in 1998. It is written in the Perl language and its latest version is Bugzilla 4.2.5.
12) Do you think there is any difference between the Quality Centre and Bugzilla?
Yes, of course, there is a difference between both of them.
- Quality Centre is a test management tool, on the other hand, Bugzilla is a defect management tool.
- Quality Centre supports the complete application lifecycle management while Bugzilla is a part of test management.
- Quality Centre also supports the design, execution, traceability and defect management while Bugzilla doesn't.
13) What according to you are the essential features of Bugzilla?
The most essential and appropriate Bugzilla features are-
- It is an integrated and product based Security Scheme.
- It has inter-bug dependency graphing.
- It has advanced report capabilities.
- It has the strongest RDBMS backend.
- It has an extensive configuration.
- It has the most significant bug resolution protocol.
- Email, XML, HTTP and console.
14) In Bugzilla, what is the editing procedure?
Editing is extremely convenient in Bugzilla as it is provided with a provision for editing on an existing bug. If the user wants to edit it during the lifecycle then in most of the cases there is an edit hyperlink option which can be preferred. It entirely depends on the administrator to avail the editing options for different fields.
15) What is a dependency trailing in Bugzilla according to you?
In Bugzilla, the dependency tree link highlights the dependent relationships of the bug. It is characterized in a tree-like structure and user can easily change the depth in order to either show or hide the resolved bug from the page.
16) Can you mention about the page footer in Bugzilla?
Here the user can store a number of queries on the server and in case someone runs regularly, it would just be a drop-down menu away.
17) What do you understand by watching users’ functionality?
In ‘user to watch’ text entry box right after entering the email and names of the users which are the line by commerce one can watch the bugs of other users. This is the most significant feature through which the seamless events are enabled when developers wish to change their project.
18) Can you tell us something about the clone bug feature in Bugzilla?
The provision of cloning in an existing back is also supported in Bugzilla. The bugs which are created later actually are having most of the settings from the former bug. Through this most of the similar fields can be tracked which require different handling in case of a new bug.
19) What is bug bounty program?
A bug bounty program is a program deal given by various websites, developers of software and organizations. Through bug bounty programs, an individual can gets compensation or recognition just for reporting bugs. These bounty bugs are usually related to vulnerability, harm or exploits. The bug bounty programs make it possible for software developers to discover the bugs. When the bugs are discovered, they are resolved immediately before it gets put to the public. When a bug goes out to the public it can lead to widespread abuse. Some of the organizations that implement bug bounty programs include Facebook, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Mozilla, Square, and Reddit.
20) What is a functional bug?
During software testing, bugs are discovered. This is made manifest when the actual results are compared with the expected results. When you take into account the testing types classification, every bug discovered at this stage is broken down into various kinds based on the origin of the type. However, bugs are generally broken down into functional bugs and non-functional bugs. It is very important to know the differences between the two and others.
A functional bug as the name implies is an error that has a functional relationship to software. A functional bug plays a part in the malfunctioning of a software or application.
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Most Popular Interview Questions
Latest MCQ Tests
Related Interview Questions
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.