Ubuntu Interview Questions
- Ramesh Reddy
- 05th May, 2021
- 1063 Followers
Ubuntu Interview Questions
Ubuntu is an operating system that has been developed by Debian Linux distribution. It is one of the most inexpensive and open access software that has been used by many organizations for individuals working on various desktops. Personnel well – versed with Ubuntu are offered job roles such as DBA, System Administrator, Support Leads, etc. Therefore, recruiters from big companies are looking for candidates with good knowledge and excellent hands-on–training experience to fit perfectly into their work culture. Therefore, they are in a hunt for individuals who have the right technical knowledge along with adequate work experience.
In order to find the right candidate companies ask a diverse range of Ubuntu interview questions to not only newcomers but also experienced candidates wishing to display their talent and knowledge in the field of mobile application development. Here are some of the important Ubuntu interview questions that will not only give you a basic idea of the field but also help to clear the interview and secure a position in your dream office. This article also contains a list of features, pros, and cons of Ubuntu that will give you an edge over others.
Ubuntu Interview Questions
1) Why is Ubuntu considered as safe?
Ubuntu is considered safe for the following reasons:
- Ubuntu utilizes Linux that is considered as one of the most secure O.S frameworks
- Dissimilar to other O.S frameworks, endless Linux clients can see the code whenever and can fix the issue if there is any
- By and large, Malware and infections are coded to exploit shortcoming in Windows
- It does not sustain malicious messages and contents, and before any email is opened by clients it will undergo numerous security checks
2) Describe the term “Ubuntu Advantage”
Ubuntu Advantage is Canonical undertaking administrations offering that incorporates the framework management devices and supports (access to the Canonical Support Services group) to help endeavors benefit as much as possible from their Ubuntu experience. This offering was explicitly intended to make the IT progressively proficient and diminish costs for extensive arrangements.
3) Ubuntu Advantage is Canonical undertaking administrations offering that incorporates the framework
In order to find out if the video card on Ubuntu is run by Unity, then the following code is utilized:
This code will provide the user various details about the output given by Unity's requirements in case it is met at all. For instance, consider the following for a detailed explanation:
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 6600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 270.30
Not software rendered: yes Not blacklisted: yes GLX fbconfig: yes GLX texture from pixmap: yes GL npot or rect textures: yes GL vertex program: yes GL fragment program: yes GL vertex buffer object: yes GL framebuffer object: yes GL version is 1.4+: yes Unity supported: yes
4) List the various features that are released by Ubuntu for their respective cloud strategies.
The various features that are released by Ubuntu for their respective cloud strategies include the following:
- Ubuntu Server Edition on Amazon EC2 (IaaS)
- Ubuntu enterprise cloud powered by Eucalyptus (IaaS)
The UbuntuOne feature is for various software services. However, the last two features are meant for a targeted audience that is looking for infrastructure layers within the computer stacks.
5) What are some of the uses of Private Cloud Concept?
Some of the uses of Private Cloud Concept include the following:
- The Private Cloud Concept proposes a total arrangement of improvement devices and simple design boards where one can alter and convey various model applications.
- It keeps the private and delicate applications discrete and protected from the entire world.
- It utilizes a firewall and keeps every one of the assets in a pool that isolates them with different assets that are made open.
- It gives a variety of arrangement to make superior applications and incorporates the idea of versatility.
6) What methodology can be followed to run Unity on a virtual machine?
In order to run Unity on any virtual machine, firstly install the prescribed virtual box and “In VirtualBox > = 4.0. The Unity that is supported by this particular virtual box will then run when various Guest Additions are installed.
7) How can one address and manage IP using the Ubuntu cloud?
Addressing and management of IP is a fundamental part of systems administration and to set up an Ubuntu cloud it must be designed effectively, for which the default gateway must be referenced for correspondence with other system or same system. To design IP addressing the codes that it can be utilized include ip, ifconfig and route. These codes allow the design of various networking. In order to set the configuration, utilize the below command:
sudo ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.100 netmask 255.255.255.0
Through this IP address, configurations can be set and arranged temporarily to save it forever on ifconfig files that must be altered.
8) List the various elements used by Ubuntu Cloud architecture
The various elements used by Ubuntu Cloud architecture include the following:
- Cloud controller: It is the primary controller that controls the correspondence between two nodes and enables the framework to speak with one another.
- Walrus Storage controller: It controls the capacity of the information and asset at one spot for simple access.
- Elastic block storage controller: It utilizes the flexibility idea and enables the assets to scale up as the interest rises. This block comprises of dynamic assets.
- Cluster controller: it controls the cloud groups that are comprised of many nodes and contains the design of the considerable number of nodes from a solitary point.
- Node controller: It comprises of a variety of equipment assets that is being given to the web or to the client through the group controller.
9) List the steps involved in authenticating as well as authorizing any user/client
In order to authenticate as well as authorize a user, the following two crucial steps are involved:
- The client ought to approach the cloud controller record and access to its UI.
- Regulatory rights to the client to make their very own arrangements.
10) List the levels of isolation of machine instance
The three levels of machine instance isolation include:
- Networking isolation
- OS isolation
- Hypervisor-based machine isolation
11) Differentiate between Windows and Ubuntu
|People are required to purchase Windows||It is a completely free and open source operating system|
|It is not completely virus free||It is virus free|
|It does not support numerous desktop applications||It supports numerous desktop applications|
|MS office needs to installed separately||MS office comes in – built.|
12) List the various tasks accomplished by a Node controller
- Verification and authentication of various user requests
- Creating virtual network interfaces for ease in communication among machines
- Permitting users to copy images from the various cache and use them
13) List the functions of Walrus storage controller
- Store machine images that can be utilized by cloud controller
- Accessing and storing data
- Saving images
14) What command is used to interface Ethernet into Ubuntu cloud?
The following command is used to interface Ethernet into Ubuntu cloud:
ifconfig -a | grep eth eth0 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 00:15:c5:4a:16:5a
15) List different types of persons involved in authorization and authentication
- administrator possess the rights to begin and end any process in the system
- X509 certificate authenticates Ubuntu cloud
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Most Popular Interview Questions
Latest MCQ Tests
Related Interview Questions
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.