Mac OS Interview Questions
- Dhanush Kuppusamy
- 22nd Mar, 2023
- 407 Followers
Mac OS Interview Questions
Practice Best Mac OS Interview Questions and Answers.
Practice best Mac OS Interview Questions and Answers, which are very helpful for the preparation of the Mac OS Exam/Interview. so, practice these questions to check your final preparation for your interview. apart from this, you can also download Mac OS Interview Questions PDF, completely free.
MAC OS General Interview Questions
1) What is Mac Os?
Mac Os First released in 2001, the Mac OS is the second most popular desktop operating system after Microsoft Windows. The Mac is based on the UNIX operating system and is first developed at the NeXT, a company founded by Steve Jobs. With a modular design, new features can be easily added to Mac OS. The current version of the Mac is the Mac OS Catalina, which was released in 2019. Catalina is the first Mac OS version to fully remove the support for the 32-bit applications.
2) List some pros and cons of Mac os?
Some of the advantages of using Mac OS are,
Better multitasking features - Mac OS has several multi-tasking features and support for running multiple workspaces.
Better optimization of hardware and software - Apple designs both its hardware and software, so it gives them the advantage of optimizing the software for their hardware.
Simple and clean interface - Mac OS has a clean interface that is easy to use.
Free apps - Mac OS comes with free useful applications like iMovie, Garageband, pages, numbers, keynote, and more. They are powerful productivity apps from Apple that are included with Mac OS.
Less Malware - Compared to windows, Mac OS is less susceptible to malware and other security issues. Some cons of using Mac OS are,
Very expensive to own Mac OS - To use Mac OS, the only way is to buy a Mac. Mac computers are generally more expensive than windows counterparts, so you have to spend more to use it.
Limited availability of applications - Compared to Windows, Mac has less number of applications.
Less support for games - Mac OS lacks in games and is not marketed towards gamers.
3) How do you turn off/on Firewall in Mac OS X?
The firewall in the Mac is not enabled by default, unlike the windows counterpart. To enable it,
- Go to the System preferences on your mac and click on the Security&Privacy tab.
- Then, click the Firewall tab under it. Then, unlock the pane by clicking the lock in the lower-left corner and enter the administrator username and password.
- Finally, click the "Turn On Firewall" option or "Start" to enable the firewall on your mac. You can also customize your firewall configuration by clicking the advanced menu.
4) What is PPPoE in Mac Os?
PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) is a protocol for connecting multiple computers and allow data communication over the Ethernet local area network. Mac OS has support for this protocol. To enable it, Go to the System Preferences and click Network. Click the Add button and then click the Interface pop-up menu. Then choose PPPoE. Then choose the interface from the Ethernet pop-up menu between the wired network or Wi-Fi and click create. Enter information such as the account name, password, and PPPoE service name from your ISP. Finally, click Ok to complete the configuration of the PPPoE connection.
5) What is the FileVault Recovery Key?
The FileVault recovery is an institutional recovery key (IRK). It allows you to recover the FileVault-encrypted data when the user cannot remember their Mac login password. You can encrypt your startup disk on your Mac using FileVault encryption and can decrypt it using the FileVault recovery key.
6) Enlist few versions Of Mac Os?
Some of the popular versions of Mac OS are,
- OS X Cheetah 10.0
- OS X Jaguar 10.2
- OS X Snow Leopard 10.6
- OS X Yosemite 10.10
- OS X El Capitan 10.11
- macOS Sierra 10.12
- macOS Mojave 10.14
- macOS Catalina 10.15
7) Enlist some mac os terminal commands?
Some of the popular Mac OS terminal commands are,
Ctrl+A - It goes to the beginning of the line
Ctrl+E - It goes to the end of the line
Ctrl+U - Clear the line before the cursor
Ctrl+K - Clear the line after the cursor
Ctrl+W - Delete the word before the cursor
Ctrl+_ - Undo the last command
Ctrl+B - Move cursor one character backward
Ctrl+F - Move cursor one character forward
8) What is MacFUSE?
MacFUSE is a file integration driver that allows you to use third-party file systems with your Mac OS. With the MacFUSE SDK, you can write numerous types of new file systems as user-mode programs. It provides multiple APIs so many existing FUSE file systems can become readily available on the Mac OS. The MacFUSE is used as a software building block by dozens of other software products. The software consists of a kernel extension, different user-space libraries, and tools. It also comes with a C-based, and Objective-C based SDKs.
9) List some mac os shortcut keys?
Some of the basic shortcut keys in the Mac OS are,
- Command+C - Copies selected items
- Command+A - Selects all items
- Command+D - Duplicates selected items
- Command+V - Pastes the copied items
- Command+1 - Shows active window in icon mode
- Command+2 - Shows active window in list mode
- Command+3 - Shows active window in column mode
- Command+Del - Moves the selected items to trash
- Command+Shift+N - Creates a new folder
- Command+Shift+U - Opens the utility folder
- Command+Space - Opens Spotlight menu
- Command+R - Shows the original for the selected alias
- Command+T - Adds the selected item to the Sidebar
10) List the system requirements for Mac OS Catalina?
Mac OS Catalina needs at least 4GB of RAM memory. It needs 12.5GB of storage space or up to 18.5GB of free space if you are upgrading from the Yosemite Mac OS version. This version is compatible with up to mid-2012 MacBook Pro & Air.
11) What operating system does Mac use?
Mac OS is a Unix-based operating system and uses UNIX at its core.
12) Can we use Emoji in Mac OS X?
Yes. From the OS X Lion version, Mac includes default support for Emoji.
13) What is the latest version of Mac OS?
The latest version of the Mac OS is Catalina (version 10.15). It is the sixteenth major release of macOS by Apple which was released to the public in October 2019.
14) How to take screenshots on Mac Os?
To take a screenshot on Mac OS, press and hold the keys Shift, Command, and 3 together. To capture a portion of the screen, press and hold the keys Shift, Command, and 4 together. Then drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen and release the mouse to take a screenshot of the selected portion.
15) When the first version of Mac Os was released?
The first version of the Mac OS code-named Cheetah was released on March 24, 2001.
16) How to run mac os disk utility?
To access the disk utility in the macOS, press the Command+Space. It opens the Spotlight search. Then, type the disk utility into the search bar and press enter. It opens the Disk utility where it shows the internal drives and external drives mounted on your computer.
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.