Redhat Linux Interview Questions
- 1) What is Red Hat Linux?
- 2) Is Redhat Linux is free or paid?
- 3) What is the difference Linux and Redhat?
- 4) Enlist few advantages of Red Hat Linux?
- 5) What is Full form of RHEL?
- 6) What is RPM Package Manager?
- 7) Difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux RHEL?
- 8) What are NAS and SAN in Linux?
- 9) What is the total number of primary partitions you can have on one drive in Linux Red Hat?
- 10) What Is LVM?
- 11) How can you check the installed version Of Red Hat?
Below are the list of Best Redhat Linux Interview Questions and Answers
Red Hat Linux is the platform provided by the world's leading enterprise Linux. It's an open-source operating system (generally known as OS). It is a foundation to scale existing apps and roll out emerging technologies across bare-metal, virtual, container, and all types of cloud environments.
Linux is an open-source Operating System that can be available free of cost.
"Linux" is a generic term to describe any collection of programs that runs the Linux kernel whereas RedHat Linux is a specific distribution of those variations backed by the company Red Hat.
- Few advantages of Red Hat Linux are listed below:
- RHEL is abbreviated as Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- RHEL is Secure.
- RHEL is Fast.
- RHEL is Open Source.
- RHEL is a GUI(Graphical User Interface) based Operating System.
- RHEL provides Open Source Technical Support.
RPM was originally written by Erik Troan and Marc Ewing in 1997. It is based on pms, rpp, and pm experiences. RPM Package Manager (simply known as RPM), originally called the Red-hat Package Manager. It is used as installation, uninstallation, and management software packages in Linux. RPM was developed on the basis of the LSB generally known as Linux Standard Base. The term RPM indicates because the fact of .rpm is the default extension for files used by the program.
There is no difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux RHEL.
NAS and SAN in Linux are tabulated below:
|NAS stands for network-attached storage. A NAS is a single storage device that serves files over Ethernet and is relatively inexpensive and easy to set up. NAS devices look like volumes on a file server and use protocols like NFS and SMB/CIFS.||SAN is a set of storage devices that are accessible over the network at a block level. A SAN is a tightly coupled network of multiple devices that work with block-based data and is more expensive and complex to set up and manage. SAN-connected disks appear to the user as local drives.|
What is the total number of primary partitions you can have on one drive in Linux Red Hat?There have only four primary partitions, with no extended partition, on one drive in Linux Red Hat. If more than four partitions needed, there have three primary partitions, one extended partition, and multiple logical partitions within the extended.
The full form of LVM is Logical Volume Management that is a system of managing logical volumes, or filesystems. It provides an advanced and flexible solution than the traditional method of partitioning a disk into one or more segments and formatting that partition with a filesystem.
- You can check the installed version Of Red Hat from the following steps:
- To determine RHEL version, type: cat /etc/redhat-release.
- Execute command to find RHEL version: more /etc/issue.
- Show RHEL version using command line, rune: less /etc/os-release.
- RHEL 7. x or above user can use the hostnamectl command to get RHEL version.
Online Training Programs
Latest Interview Questions
Illegal Interview Questions
AngularJS Basic Interview Questions
QuickBooks Interview Questions
Puppet Interview Questions
Public Relations Interview Questions
PouchDB Interview Questions
PolymerJs Interview Questions
PHP String Interview Questions
PHP 7 Interview Questions
Phantomjs Interview Questions
Perl Interview Questions
jQuery Mobile Interview Questions
Aws Interview Questions
Aurelia Interview Questions
Oscommerce interview questions
PHPixie framework interview questions
OrientDB Interview Questions
Java Testing Interview Questions
Pascal Interview Questions
Sap Netweaver Interview Questions
PHP Nette Framework Interview Questions
Scala Interview Questions
TYPO3 Interview Questions
Silex Framework Interview Questions
Marionette js Interview Questions
Phalcon Interview Questions
SilverStripe interview questions
Sinatra Framework Interview Questions
PowerShell Interview Questions
SQL Server Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.