OpenCart is a PHP based online store management software. It supports a wide range of languages and currencies and available free to use under GNU General Public License. It helps merchants to create their online store.
OpenCart Interview Questions
- 1) What is OpenCart?
- 2) Why to use Opencart ?
- 3) List some payment gateways and shipping methods supported by OpenCart?
- 4) List minimum requirements needed to install OpenCart ?
- 5) List some features of OpenCart ?
- 6) List types of reports supported by OpenCart?
- 7) List some Core Modules provided by latest version of Opencart ?
- 8) Explain Basic Directory Structure in OpenCart?
- 9) Is opencart is free?
- 10) What is Ocmod in opencart?
Below are the list of Best OpenCart Interview Questions and Answers
OpenCart is a free open source online store management system. Opencart is written in PHP language, using a MySQL database and HTML components. OpenCart support is provided for numerous languages and currencies, and it is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
You can use Opencart because
- Open-Source and Free
- Powerful Store Management System
- Numerous languages and currencies support
- Extensions and Themes
- Support that You Can Trust
Payment gateways supported by OpenCart.
- Amazon Payments
Shipping methods supported by OpenCart
- United state postal service
- Australia Post
- Parcel Force
- Royal Mail
These are minimum requirements needed so that OpenCart can be installed and work properly.
- Web Server (Apache suggested)
- PHP >= 5.4
- Curl enabled
- Database (MySQLi suggested)
Also, Read Magento Interview Questions
Below is the list of some features provided by OpenCart.
- Administrator Dashboard
- User Management
- Multi-Store Support
- Inbuilt Affiliate system
- Discounts, coupons, specials offers support
- In built Back-up and restore sytem
- Easy Attribute Filters
- Multi-currency,Multi-lingual Support
- Mobile & SEO friendly
- Inbuilt Guest and Registered user Checkout
- Marketplace for third-party extensions
- MVC-L architecture
4 types of reports are supported by Opencart, they are
- Sales Report
- Orders report
- Tax report
- Shipping report
- Returns report
- Coupon Report
- Product Reports
- Products Viewed Report
- Customer Reports
- Customers Online
- Customer Activity
- Order Report
- Reward Points Report
- Customer Credit Report
- Affiliate Activity
There are 13 free core modules provided with the latest version of OpenCart. They are
- Google Talk
The basic file structure for your module will be divided into two sections, the admin, and the catalog folders.The contents of each folder will follow the MVC-L framework respectively, with the difference that the admin will deal solely with backend functionality and the catalog with frontend functionality.
The above image displays a skeleton of the directory structure that your module should follow. A good way to get started with your module is to duplicate the folder structure and create the files above.
Yes, It is free to download and use.
OCMOD is a system in Opencart that allows store/ website owners to modify their store by uploading a compressed file format that contains XML, SQL, and PHP files.
Related Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions