PrestaShop interview questions and answers
1. What is Prestashop?
Prestashop is free rich featured open source e-commerce solution published under Open Software License (OSL).
It allows users to create online stores.It is written in the PHP programming language with support for the MySQL database management system.
2. List out some features of Prestashop?
Below are the list features supported Prestashop:-
- Hundreds of Store Templates
- Inbuilt Website Builder
- Mobile Responsive ready
- Support over 50 world-class payment solutions and gateways.
- Supports for shipping Methods
- Multilingual available in over 25 different languages
3. On what architecture Prestashop is based?
PrestaShop is based on a 3-tier architecture:
- Object/data. Database access is controlled through files in the “classes” folder.
- Data control. User-provided content is controlled by files in the root folder.
- Design. All of the theme’s files are in the “themes” folder.
4. What is the current stable version of Prestashop?
As on August 2017 1.7 is current stable version of PrestaShop, you can download it free from its official website https://www.prestashop.com/en/download
4. Provide Folder structure of the Prestashop 1.7
Folder structure of the Prestashop 1.7
├── CONTRIBUTING.md ├── README.md ├── _dev │ ├── css │ │ └── ... │ ├── js │ │ └── ... │ ├── package.json │ └── webpack.config.js ├── assets │ ├── css │ │ ├── ... │ ├── img │ │ └── ... │ └── js │ └── ... ├── composer.json ├── config │ └── theme.yml ├── modules │ └── ... ├── plugins │ └── ... ├── preview.png └── templates ├── _partials │ └── ... ├── catalog │ ├── _partials │ │ └── ... │ ├── listing │ │ └── ... │ └── ... ├── checkout │ ├── _partials │ │ └── ... │ └── ... ├── cms │ ├── _partials │ │ └── ... │ └── ... ├── contact.tpl ├── customer │ ├── _partials │ │ └── ... │ └── ... ├── errors │ ├── ... │ └── static │ └── ... ├── index.tpl ├── layouts │ ├── layout-both-columns.tpl │ ├── layout-content-only.tpl │ ├── layout-error.tpl │ ├── layout-full-width.tpl │ ├── layout-left-side-column.tpl │ └── layout-right-side-column.tpl ├── page.tpl └── wrapper.tpl Source: http://developers.prestashop.com/themes/gettingstarted/index.html
6. What are Prestashop Modules, where are they located?
Prestashop Modules are small programs that make use of PrestaShop’s functionality and changes them or add to them in order to make PrestaShop easier to use or more customized.All modules in Prestashop are located in modules folder of the application.
7. What is table naming convention in Prestashop?
In PrestaShop, all table names must begin with the PrestaShop “_DB_PREFIX_” prefix.They must be singular and have the same name as the object they reflect.
8. How many types of modules present in Prestashop?
In Prestashop basically, two types of modules are present. They are
- Fronted Modules
- Backend Modules
9. How to Enable the multistore mode in Prestashop?
To enable multistore mode in Prestashop. Please follow below steps
- Log-in to your shop’s administration.
- Go to the “Preferences” menu and select the “General” page.
- Find the “Enable multistore” option, select “Yes”.
- Save your changes.
10. How to install a module in Prestashop?
Steps to install a Module in Prestashop:-
- In the modules tab, click on add a new module
- If a file of the module exists online, specify its URL in the Module URL field and then click on Download this module
- If the file is on your computer, click on Browse to open the dialogue box letting you search your computer, select the file then validate the dialogue box.
- Finally click on Upload this module.
- If the following error message appears:
This means that the PHP extension php_zip is not installed on your server. You will need to install it or have it installed by your web host.
- If the installation is successful, the following message will appear:
The module will then appear in your list of modules under the Module tab.
- Click on the install button to install the module.
- If the Configuration note appears in the module insert, click on it to configure it.
11. Explain Hook in Prestashop?
Hooks are a way to associate your code to some specific PrestaShop events.Most of the time, they are used to insert content in a page.Hooks can also be used to perform specific actions under certain circumstances (i.e. sending an e-mail to the client).
To know more about Prestashop hooks visit http://build.prestashop.com/news/new-updated-hooks-1-7-1-0/
11. List the Payment Option types supported by Prestashop?
There are four Payment Option types supported by Prestashop they are
12. PrestaShop method to check user is logged in or not?
$this->context->customer->isLogged() method is used to check user is logged in or not in PrestaShop
13. How to get URL of current Prestashop page using smarty?
$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI is used to get URL of current page in Prestashop using smarty
14. How to read / write / destroy Cookie in Prestashop?
15. How to create your own hook in Prestashop ?
16. List the steps to create a payment module for PrestaShop 1.7 ?