RavenDB is second generations open sourced, document-based; NoSQL designed especially for Windows and .NET platforms. A commercial license is required for using RavenDB. For source projects a free edition is available but it needs to be applied for.
Here we provide you with some of the important interview questions on RavenDB, which will help you to encounter any interview related to RavenDB:
Read Best RavenDB Interview Questions and answers
1. What are the uses of Declare, From and GroupBy keywords?
The keyword declares provides the users the ability to create any JS function, which can be reused with the help of select (that is when the projection is done)
The keyword from is used to find the source data that is to be used when any query is executed.
The keyword group by is used to create an aggregation query.
3. What is the purpose of collation and binary operations in RavenDB?
RavenDB uses collations for sorting as well as indexing documents. Users can set up any specific collation for an index field so that they can sort the data based on any culture-specific rules.
Binary operators in RavenDB are used to build many complex statements.
The NOT operator can be used only with one of the other binary operators thereby creating either OR NOT or AND NOT ones.
10. What are the keywords and methods available in RQL?
Keywords and methods available in RQL are:
- GROUP BY array()
- WHERE id(), search(), cmpxchg(), boost(), regex(), startsWith(), endsWith(), lucene(), exists(), exact(),intersect(), spatial.within(), spatial.contains() , spatial.disjoint(), spatial.intersects(),moreLikeThis()
- ORDER BY (ASC | ASCENDING, DESC | DESCEDING)
- AS(string, long,double, alphaNumeric, random(), score(),spatial.distance())
- DISTINCT (key (), sum (), count (), facet ())
Following operators are also used:
>=, <=, <> or !=, <, >,= or ==, BETWEEN, IN, ALL IN, OR,AND, NOT, (, )