Below are the list of OrientDB interview questions and their answers
OrientDB Interview Questions
- 1) Explain OrientDBand its uses?
- 2) Enlist few advantages of OrientDB?
- 3) What is the difference between MongoDB and OrientDB?
- 4) Is OrientDB supports transactions?
- 5) List different types of data types available in OrientDB?
- 6) What is a cluster in OrientDB?
- 7) Explain Graph Api in OrientDB?
- 8) Write command to list all Databases in OrientDB?
- 9) What is a Graph Database?
- 10) What is multi model database?
- 11) What are RecordBytes in OrientDB?
- 12) Explain Vertex in OrientDB?
Below are the list of Best OrientDB Interview Questions and Answers
OrientDB is an open-source NoSQL database management system that is written in Java. It supports a Multi-model database, supporting graph, document, key/value, and object models. It offers several indexing mechanisms based on B-tree and Extendible hashing, the last one is known as "hash index". It implements LSM-tree and Fractal tree index based indexes.
- Some uses of OrientDB are as follows:
- It is used to store data and provide facilities (tools) to search for specific records in a given set of data.
- It is used to store special information used to manage the data. This information is called metadata and it is not shown to all the people looking at the data.
- IT is used to solve cases where many users want to access (and possibly change) the same entries of data.
- It is used to manage access rights (who is allowed to see the data, who can change it)
- It is used to track information about users, their name, login information, various addresses, and phone numbers.
Few advantages of OrientDB are listed below:
- It is integration of Many database modules into one db.
- It provides good user profile based security system.
- It has SQL engine developed from scratch to improve performance.
- It supports Storage caching that is better for reducing latency.
- It allows Remote connection with increased transaction isolation.
The differences between MongoDB and OrientDB are as follows:
|Doesn't require a unified data structure.||Multi-model database (document, object, graph).|
|Easy to scale||Open Source commercial friendly license (Apache 2).|
|Great speed||Free clustering support.|
|Perfect documentation and tutorials.||Performance is very fast.|
|It uses JSON.||Supports SQL as well as other query languages.|
Yes, OrientDB supports transactions ACID properties.
Different types of data types available in OrientDB are as follows:
- Embedded list
- Embedded set
- Embedded map
- Link list
- Link set
- Link map
Clusters are used in OrientDB to store links to the data. It is a generic way to group records. Some examples of how clusters may be used are as follows: Example 1: Use the cluster "Person" to group all the records of type "Person". Example 2: Use the cluster "Cache" to group all the records most accessed. Example 3: Use the cluster "Today" to group all the records created today. Example 4: Use the cluster "CityCar" to group all the city cars.
OrientDB adheres to the TinkerPop Blueprints standard and uses it as the default Graph API. It is used to handle Graph Databases with the help of a complete stack such as Blueprints, Pipes, Gremlin, Rexster, and sail Ouplementation.
Connect to the server and the LIST DATABASES command is used to list all Databases in OrientDB.
What is a Graph Database?A database that is based on graph theory is known as a graph database that consists of a set of objects such as a node or an edge. It can be used to store complex data structures that would be infeasible in a traditional relational database.
A Multi-model database is a database. It can store, index, and query data in more than one model. A database that supported a relational database, document-oriented database, graph database, or triplestore is multi-model.
OrientDB provides a RecordBytes record generally known as BLOB(after OrientDB v2.2) that can also load and store binary data. It is a little similar to a Document, a Vertex, or even an Edge. It can be used on record in OrientDB.
Vertex in OrientDB is the most basic unit of data. It is also known as a Node in Graph Databases. Vertex is responsible for storing information for the database. In OrientDB two vertexes are connected with an Edge.
Latest Interview Questions
Laravel Interview Questions
Illegal Interview Questions
Phone Interview Questions
SAP Interview Questions
Web API Interview Questions
Power Bi Interview Questions
Automation Testing Interview Questions
Tailwind CSS Interview Questions
Spring Interview Questions
Ruby on Rails Interview Questions
Digital marketing Interview Questions
Behavioral Interview Questions
Thermodynamics Interview Questions
React Js Interview Questions
Hibernate Interview Questions
Microservices Interview Questions
Rest API Interview Questions
Front End Developer Interview Questions
Active Directory Interview Questions
PowerShell Interview Questions
ADO.Net Interview Questions
Entity framework interview questions
Sinatra Framework Interview Questions
Python Pandas Interview Questions
TensorFlow Interview Questions
Python Pyramid Interview Questions
Python Interview Questions
Python Flask Interview Questions
OpenCV Interview Questions
Devops Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.