Top Seo Interview questions and answers
SEO(Search Engine Optimization): SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the method of changing the top rank of a webpage or website in the search results of a search engine.
SEO is a process of keep changing the position of a webpage or website in a search engine results by using desired keywords or phrases.
There are two types of SEO
- ON page Optimization.
- OFF page optimization.
Link building basically means “making incoming links to a website”. This can be achieved in many different ways.
Here are few examples of link Building:
- Reciprocal linking is what we call when two webmasters decide to link to each other’s sites.
- When you submit your site to website directories, you get a link from these directories to your website.
- When you buy blog posts from a blogger, where he or she writes a blog post about your site, and links to it, is also a very important link building practice.
- If another site publishes a popular newsletter, and mentions your website, with a link to it, this is also considered link building.
Alexa is a Ranking System set by Alexa.com. Alexa calculates the quality of website and gives the rank to the website that is compared with world wise websites and give the local rank according to the domain registered country.
Alexa gives the more information about the website i.e. how many people are visiting site daily, bounce rate and shows number of backlinks the website contains.
The meaning of 301 Redirect is ‘moved permanently’ and is a way to send both users and search engines to a different URL from the one they originally requested.One can use 301 redirect to permanently move a website to a new domain.
Advantages of link building in Seo
- Link building increases quality traffic from relevant sites.
- If there are many higher quality links to a website, the website that is linked to, is considered higher quality as well.
- Link building puts your website on a map, so to say.
- More traffic through your link building efforts, means more income from your website.
Dofollow link is a kind of hyperlink which enhances the ranking of your site as it acts as a backlink that is counted by search engines.
Nofollow link is an HTML attribute value used to instruct search engine bots that a hyperlink should not influence the ranking of the link target in search engine’s index.