In today’s tough competition it’s very difficult to clear any interview. Zend Framework is one of the popular frameworks created utilizing PHP. It’s a completely object-oriented web application system with Model View Controller (MVC) design. There is numerous small to large scale of web applications are produced utilizing Zend frameworks. Because of this, there is always a demand for PHP developers who have mastery in Zend Frameworks. So if you are an expert in Zend Framework and searching for interview questions and answers. You’re here in correct place. We have listed down some of the important questions, which may be asked in Zend Framework interview with answers for both the fresher and experienced candidates. The questions are both basic and advanced thereby giving a range of complication.
Go through the below-given questions related to Zend Framework and get yourself prepared for the interview -:
What is Zend Framework? What is the use of it?
The Zend framework is an open source structure for creating object-oriented web applications using PHP 5. The main purpose of the structure is to streamline the development of Web applications by using object-oriented processes, which allow the creation of expandable classes and objects and promote best practices for building web services and applications.
Zend framework consists of loosely connected components, which can be utilized easily in an application. It is used for the web application that utilizes a lot of functions and libraries without using much of coding. It is a pure object-oriented web application system, which is built up of advanced MVC design pattern.
Which version of PHP does Zend Framework require?
Zend Framework requires PHP 5.2.4 and up. Zend framework is enhanced to utilize all of the object-oriented features of PHP 5.2.4 and have the advantage of prominent security and performance enhancements.
How to check whether a form posted or not in the Zend framework?
We can check whether a form is posted or not in Zend Framework in major two ways-:
- Process the form submission and store to database.
- Display a form for the user to provide details.
We utilize Zend\form to check whether a form posted or not in a Zend framework. The Zend\Form component manages the form and form validation.
What is the major difference between Zend_Auth and Zend_Acl?
Here are a few considerable differences:
- Zend_Auth utilizes the method like OpenID, LDAP, and HTTP to provide the confirmation, while Zend_Acl utilizes Access Control List for approval.
- Zend_Auth gives the validation protocol to the clients utilizing numerous methods whereas; Zend_Acl is utilized for approval purpose.
- Zend_Auth confirm checking and providing the certifications to the client’s system, though Zend_Acl utilizes the list of parts that are being implemented just the individuals who are approved to it.
- Zend_Auth supports the authentication stages features, whereas in Zend_Acl supports the propelled definitions with features of different legacy and other similar highlights.
- Zend_Auth gives an environment to the framework through which user that is authenticated for utilize, whereas in Zend_Acl plays out a few tasks on the particular assets that need to be composed on the system.
Explain what Lucene is in the Zend framework?
Lucene is a superior, full-featured text search engine that uses an open, binary format for putting search indexes and a standardized question design for questioning against the indexes. Lucene was initially written in Java as a part of the Apache project. Zend_Search_Lucene is a PHP usage that brings full binary similarity with Java Lucene.
What are Decorators in the Zend framework?
Zend framework utilizes the decorator pattern to render elements and forms. The decorator is quite generally used to comply with the single responsibility principle as it admits functionality to be divided in between classes with unique areas of concern. One basic technique to define a common decorator pattern is a design that allows the behavior to be added to a particular object, either statically or dynamically, without having any effect on the behavior of various other objects from the same class.
List the default methods provided by decorators in the Zend framework?
Decorators are utilized as a part of the application to give the functionality and make components to work.The default methods, which are provided by decorators in the Zend framework, are as follows:
- View Helper: is a strategy that permits the review of the helper files utilized. It permits the replacement of the substance that is being given.
- Errors: give the error codes and messages that came during the execution of the application. It gives attaching of the substance.
- HTML Tag: that enables the labels to be written by utilizing the parameters and attributes. It gives the wrapping up of the substance and decreasing the length of the code.
- Labels: are utilized to give the informative keywords as it gives pre-pending of the substance that is being given.
What is Zend engine?
Zend Engine is a set of various components, which is used internally by PHP as a compiler and run engine time. The most important Zend Engine part is the Zend Virtual Machine, which is stabilized of the Zend Executor components and the Zend Compiler. PHP scripts are loaded into memory and organized into Zend opcodes.
What are Plugins in the Zend framework?
Zend framework generates heavy usage of plugin architectures. Plugins admit for easy compliance and customization of the framework while having your code separate from Zend framework code. Following are the plugins in Zend Framework:-
- Activated by front controller events
- Events bookend each significant procedure of the front controller
- Allow automating activities that apply comprehensively
10. What is Zend Framework 2?
Zend Framework 2 is an open source framework for developing web applications and services using PHP 5.3+. Zend Framework 2 uses 100% object-oriented code and utilizes most of the new features of PHP 5.3, like namely namespaces, late static binding, lambda functions and closures.
12. What is the minimum PHP version required to run Zend Framework 2?
PHP 5.3 or above is required to run Zend Framework 2.
So this article brings us to the end of the Zend framework Interview Question blog. The main reason for these questions and answers is to get you prepared for your interview and help you to be confident when you face interview challenges in Zend framework interview. This set of Zend framework Interview Questions will get you to be ready for your dream job. We wish you all the best for your interview!