Tableau interview questionsDownload Tableau interview questions PDF
Tableau interview questions
Bin is a user-defined gathering of measures in the information source. It is conceivable to make bins concerning measurement, or numeric bins. You could consider the State field as various sets of bins each profit value is arranged into a bin comparing to the state from which the value was recorded. But then also, if you want to look out values for Profit assigned to bins without reference to measurement, you can make a numeric bin, with every individual bin relating to the scope of values.
Waterfall chart viably shows the combined impact of consecutive positive and negative values. It demonstrates where a value begins, closures and how it arrives incrementally. Along these lines, we can see both the size of changes and the difference in values between consecutive data points.
Tiled items are organized in a single layer grid that modifies in a measure, which is based on the total dashboard size and the objects around it. Floating items could be layered on top of other objects and can have a permanent size and position.
Floating Layout While most questions are tiled on this dashboard, the map view and its related color legend are floating. They are layered on top of the bar graph, which utilizes a tiled layout.
Here are some of the limitations of context filters:
- The client doesn’t regularly change the context filter – if the filter is changed the database must re-process and rewrite the transitory table, slowing performance.
- When you set measurement to context, Tableau makes a transitory table that will require a reload each time the view is started.
A Gantt chart is a valuable graphical device, which demonstrates tasks or activities performed against time. It is also called the visual presentation of a task where the activities are separated and shown on a chart, which makes it is straightforward and interpret.
Heat maps are graphical visualizations where marks on a chart are displayed as colors. As the marks “heat up” due their higher qualities or density of records, more dark color is shown.
A bullet graph is a variety of a bar graph created by Stephen Few. Propelled by the traditional thermometer diagrams and advance bars found in numerous dashboards, the bullet graph fills in as a substitution for dashboard gauges and meters. Bullet graph was produced to overcome the principal issues of gauges and meters they normally show too little data, require excessive space, and are jumbled with useless and distracting decoration.
It is calculated the form of a set of values that return a single numeric value. A default aggregation can be set for any measure which is not user-defined.
The disaggregation of data refers to view each data source row during analyzing of data both dependently and independently.
Global filters can be utilized as a part of sheets, dashboards and in stories.
Data visualization is a demonstration if the information in a pictorial or graphical form. It empowers decision makers to have look analytics presented visually, so they can get a handle on challenging ideas or create new patterns. With intelligent visualization, you can make the idea a stride further by utilizing technology to draw them into diagrams and charts for more detail.
Site roles are approval sets that are assigned to a client, for example, System Administrator, Publisher, or Viewer. The site roles characterize accumulations of capacities that can be conceded to clients or groups on Tableau Server.General site roles, which we can assign to a client are as follows-:
- Server Administrator: This role has full access to all servers and functionality of the website, all content on the server, and all clients.
- Site Administrator: By assigning this role one can manage groups, activities, projects, workbooks and information sources for the site.
- Publisher: Publishers can sign in, communicate with published views and publish dashboards to Tableau server from the desktop.
They are the measurable quantities or the numeric metrics of the data which can be analyzed by dimension table.
Facts are stored in the fact table contain foreign keys that uniquely refers to the associated dimension tables.
The fact table is compatible to store the data at the atomic level and thus, it allows a large number of records to be inserted at once.
For instance, a sales category fact table can have a product key, customer key, promotion key referring to a specific event.
They are the descriptive attribute values for various dimensions of each attribute which define multiple characteristics.
A dimension table referring a product key from the fact table can consist of a product name, product type, color, size, and description.
Context filter is an extremely productive filter from all of the filters in Tableau. It enhances the performance in Tableau by making a Sub-Set of information for the filter selection.
Context Filters serve two principal purposes.
- Improves execution: If you set a lot of filters or have an expansive information source, the inquiries can be slow. You can set at least one context filters to enhance the execution.
- Develops top N filter you could set a context filter to incorporate just the data of interest, and after that set a numerical or a best N filter.
Sets are custom fields that characterize a subset of information based on few conditions. A set can be founded on a processed condition, for instance, a set may contain clients with sales over a specific edge. Computed sets update as your information changes. Then again, a set can be founded on particular information point in your view.
Published data sources are not all that simple to utilize. Various item defects or design oversights could have frustrated the appropriation of server-based data sources.
Publishing data sources to the server enable us to
- Centralize information sources
- Share them with all the validated clients
- Increase workbook uploading/publishing speed
- Schedule information update with described frequency
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Express and Node JS Interview Questions
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- Core PHP Interview Questions