Teradata Interview Questions
- 1) Explain Teradata utilities. What is MultiLoad , Fast Load, Tpump ?
- 2) When do you use each of these? Why? Explain in detail.
- 3) Explain Teradata Architecture in detail with a diagram.
- 4) What are default access rights in teradata? What explicit right can be given to a User?
- 5) What happens in a conflict? How do you handle that?
- 6) Explain the Teradata Primary Index Mechanics in detail with a diagram.
- 7) In general, how do you optimze any SQL in Teradata?
- 8) What are the various indexes in Teradata? How to use them? Why are they preferred?
- 9) Some Data Warehousing concept questions like – What are dimentions, facts?
- 10) Explain and compare pros and cons of Snow Flake Schemas, and Start Schemas.
- 11) What is Spool Space? Why do you get spool space errors? How do trouble-shoot them?
- 12) Explain Stored Procedure in detail.. its structure…exact syntax .. in and out?
- 13) Why are they to be used? Compare it with a Macro.
- 14) How do you do Backup and recovery in Teradata?
- 15) What tools would you use for that?
- 16) How do you create tables – exact syntax, and create profiles, Users in Teradata?
- 17) How would you load a very large file in Teradata in general? What utility would you use for it? Why?
- 18) What are non-additive facts?
- 19) What are the different methods ot loading a dimension table? a fact table etc?
- 20) What are aggregate tables? How do you design them using Teradata?
- 21) What is the BTEQ script in Teradata?
Below are the list of Best Teradata Interview Questions and Answers
An aggregate table is those tables which contain the summary of the existing warehouse. It is used to save the time as retrieving data from a million of records in the actual table will take too much time. So, aggregate the tables to a certain level of dimensions and use them.
Teradata supports some aggregate functions which are:
- COUNT: It is used to count the rows.
- SUM: used to calculate the sum of specified columns.
- MIN: To find the minimum value from specified columns.
- MAX: to find the maximum value from specified columns
- AVG: to calculate the average of specified columns.
BTEQ utility or script is a powerful utility in Teradata that can be used in both the batch and interactive mode. It can be also used to run any DDL statement, DML statement, create Macros and stored procedures. BTEQ can be used to import data into Teradata tables from flat file and it can also be used to extract data from tables into files or reports.
Related Interview Questions
Data Analyst Interview Questions
Hadoop Interview Questions
Tableau interview questions
Tally interview questions
Teradata Interview Questions
Informatica Interview Questions
Mapreduce Interview Questions
Hive Interview Questions
Sqoop Interview Questions
Data Warehousing Interview Questions
QlikView Interview Questions
HBase Interview Questions
QuickBooks interview questions
Cognos Interview Questions
Splunk Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions