Google Adwords is a very important marketing tool. The technique is known to offer a high conversion rate to the advertisers thereby increasing brand awareness. In case you are applying for the designation of Adwords consultant or specialist, here are a few Adwords interview questions that can help you crack your dream job.
Google Adwords interview questions
- 1) Define Adwords
- 2) What do you mean by AdWords keywords?
- 3) What is Google Quality Score?
- 4) Explain what is an ad group in Google AdWords?
- 5) Explain what is conversion optimizer in AdWords?
- 6) Explain how does a Google auction work?
- 7) What are Google Ad Extensions?
- 8) What is the formula to find CTR (Click Through Rate)? Does CTR help in improving quality score?
- 9) What is the first step that you should take if your ads get disapproved for any reason?
- 10) What is the significance of Impression share metric?
- 11) What is Google AdWords Double Serving policy?
- 12) Mention in Google AdWords those options, which can’t be changed after creating an account?
- 13) Explain what is the meaning of CTR and how you can calculate?
- 14) Mention what are the types of Keywords?
- 15) What is an API and what all things can be done using Google Ad API?
- 16) Explain how you can track conversions in Google AdWords?
- 17) Mention what is the limit set for the number of characters for AdWords ad?
- 18) Can you explain how does Ad rank impact Cost-Per-Click?
- 19) How does AdWords bidding work?
- 20) How many times does a Google auction run?
- 21) What is the maximum number of campaigns and ad groups you can create in Adwords?
Below are the list of Best Google Adwords Interview Questions and Answers
Conversion optimizer in AdWords is a feature that helps you drive more conversions at lower cost. It uses your AdWords conversion tracking data to manage the bidding process at keyword level so that your ads drive as many conversions as possible at or below your (advertiser’s) specified cost per conversion (also called cost per action, CPA). It helps in getting a better return on investment by segregating the unprofitable clicks from the profitable clicks for your campaigns.
CTR= (total clicks/total impressions) *100
In order to make the auction process fair and to avoid abuse in ad networks, Google has discouraged advertisers from running ads for the same or similar businesses across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords. This policy is known as 'double serving policy' and Google has strictly prohibited multiple ads from the same company from appearing on the same search engine result page. It curtails the problem of displaying more than one ad and users can see ads from different companies in one SERP.
- Broad match – These keywords let you reach the widest audience possible.
- Broad modifier – It lets you have a wider audience reach but also ensure better control than broad match.
- Phrase match- “Your ad will only appear when a user puts your key phrase in the exact order you enter them, but there might be other words either before or after that phrase.
- Exact match- these are the most specific and restrictive keyword type.
- Negative keyword- it is used when the advertisers do not want to display their ads in specific keywords.
- You can automatically generate keywords, texts, landing pages and custom reports.
- It manages your account by developing additional applications and tools.
The headings should contain a maximum of 25 characters whereas the second description line should contain a maximum of 35 characters. Description URL consists of 1024 characters and it doesn't contain any image in URL.
|Headline 1||30 characters|
|Headline 2||30 characters|
|Headline 3||30 characters|
|Description 1||90 characters|
|Description 2||90 characters|
|Path (2)||15 characters each|
Following are the maximum number of campaigns and ad groups you can create in Adwords.
Number of campaigns (both paused & active) : 10,000
Number of Ad groups per campaign: 20,000
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions