Product manager has become a popular job title, as well as a highly-sought career today. It does not matter if we speak about product manager in high-end products sphere, within IT, or in financial services
A Good product manager needs to know a little bit of everything. He should be skilled in planning, budgeting, project management, process management, marketing and team management. He or she needs to understand the general situation on the market and develop from scratch something that can be successful, for the target group he chooses, and do all of this in a right time.
Such a person needs to be creative, intelligent enough, have a good understanding of the industry as well good personality for the job.
Below are the list of some Basic and behavioral interview questions that can be asked to a product managers
1. Why do you want to become a product manager?
2. What do you think characterize a good product manager?
3. Why do you want to work for our company and not somewhere else?
4. Describe a situation when you managed a smaller team that was developing something. What challenges did you face and how did you handle it?
5. Describe a situation when you needed to meet a tight deadline. What did you do and did you meet the deadline?
6. Describe a conflict you had with one of your subordinates/ colleagues in the past. How did you solve the conflict?
7. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
8. What is your management philosophy?
10. Describe the situation when you were unable to reach the target. What was the reason for it? Why did it happen?
11. What biggest management problem did you face in your previous occupation?
12. Describe a problem of your own motivation, or motivation of your subordinates. How did you solve it?