Candidates need to have well – versed technical knowledge and adequate hands-on–training to secure a job in the dream company. To find the perfect fit, organizations ask a number of Lua Interview Questions to test the right capability of the individual. Read below some of the frequently asked Lua Interview Questions that can help you ace the interview!
Lua Interview Questions
- 1) Describe the programming language Lua?
- 2) Name the founders of Lua. When was it founded?
- 3) Is Lua an open-access software?
- 4) Comment on the compatibility of Lua with the GPL software.
- 5) Does Lua require public revision control repository?
- 6) What are some unique characteristic of Lua in comparison to other programming languages?
- 7) List of the uses of Lua programming language
- 8) How is Lua better in comparison with C?
- 9) Does Lua give the opportunity to be used a web programming language?
- 10) Describe LuaJIT
- 11) What are the advantages of LuaJIT over Lua?
- 12) In comparison to Python, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Lua that make it a better choice of programming language?
- 13) List the users of the programming language Lua
- 14) How can one instill the programming language Lua in different operating systems?
- 15) List the advantages and disadvantages of using Lua
Below are the list of Best Lua Interview Questions and Answers
Lua is a new age and lightweight programming language with multiple prototype design that has been specially deliberated principally for embedded clienteles and organizations. The programming language Lua is written in ANSI C using the cross-platform to provide simple yet efficient customer satisfaction.
Three spectacular individuals who created the programming language Lua were Roberto Ierusalimschy, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo, and Waldemar Celes. All of them were members of the Computer Graphics Technology Group in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Lua was created in the year 1993.
Yes. Lua is a completely free software with open access features. It is designed to suit any purpose at a very cost – effective rate and without the requirement of any kind of additional paperwork.
Lua is a highly compatible programming language that works in sync with other software such as GPL software. It is distributed very liberally with an acclaimed MIT license and is widely approved by the “Open Source Initiative”.
No. There is no requirement of for any kind of additional public revision control repository. If any user wishes to see the preview of the latest version, that is yet to be released, then he or she will have wait until the work version is made available for use.
Some of the unique characteristic of Lua in comparison to other programming languages include:
- It is highly efficient
- It is a simple programming language
- It is very user – friendly
- It is portable anywhere
- It is free and is open
- It can also be expandable according to the user’s requirement
Some of the common uses of Lua programming languages include:
- Scripting work into the Web/ Internet
- Handling security systems such as the “Intrusion Detection System”
- Programming a wide range of games
- Scripting for specific applications such as standalone
- It has a wide variety of extensions and add-ons facilities for different databases such as MySQL Proxy and MySQL WorkBench
- Lua programing language has been used in order to implement dynamic access policies within the required adaptive security appliances
Lua is a simple programming language that can be used to code games such as Multi Theft Auto or Garry’s Mod. Once the main application of using Lua is clear in the minds of the user then there will no difficulty in implementing a particular plugin or resource system. Another advantage of Lua programming language in comparison with C is that is has a very user-friendly interface that allows easy setup and ready to use the facility at all times.
Yes. As Lua has the feature of the conventional programming languages such as Ruby or Python, even with a small community of users and a small library, it can be used as a web programming language.
LuaJIT is a “Just – in – time” compiler that has been specially designed for the Lua programming language. It provides a multitude of portability along with any kind of operating system such as Mac OSX, Windows, Linux, etc, even for those that are supported with x86 or x64 central processing units. It also works perfectly with ARM-based embedded operating systems such as Android and iOS (those that have a central processing unit of PPC/e500v2). It also offers an effective and efficient API- and ABI- compatibility for any standard Lua interpreter along with required drop – in replacements.
Some of the advantages of LuaJIT over Lua because of the presence of a rapid baseline interpreter. The reasons for the inclusion of baseline interpreter in LuaJIT and its advantage over Lua are mainly for the following reasons:
- The interpreter used in LuaJIT uses a customary bytecode format that allows decoding an instruction at a much faster rate than Lua. For instance, Lua 5.1 uses the format that requires decoded with greater expertise, however, using LuaJIT aids decoding the bit at a faster rate.
- LuaJIT has the interpreter written in assembly, which aids in outsmarting the compiler in comparison to Lua, therefore, making processing easy.
- LuaJIT uses a direct dispatch in order to implement codes from the C programming language. Instead of using the conventional “loop” and “big switch”, LuaJIT uses a table of code labels, which each give a particular instruction to the decoder. If this particular needs to be performed in C programming language then a special instruction of GNU or Clang must be utilized and cannot be performed using ANSI C.
12) In comparison to Python, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Lua that make it a better choice of programming language?
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of Lua programming language in comparison to Python include:
- It is one of the most versatile programming languages.
- Lua programs are very convenient in comparison to Python and any other programming languages.
- Lua programming language can be incorporated into any operating system or electronic device without changing any coding.
- Lua programming language is a very basic and simple language that can be ported to any stage at any time without any hassle.
- It is very pleasant and easy to use language
Lua programming language is used by a plethora of people around the globe including renowned games, coders, etc. Photography equipment manufacturing companies have also used Lua programming language for creating and implementing scripting languages. Security providers for easily accessible facilities have also used it.
The type of compiler run by the user mainly governs building the programing language Lua into different operating systems. The user initially needs to create “project files”. The project's files will be required in order to build different libraries, interpreters and compilers. Once all the sources are synced in with the SRC Directory, Lua can be built into any operating system of choice. Just in case a user does not have the time to compile Lua by themselves, then they can get binary from the LuaBinaries.
|1||It is lightweight and has a just – in –time compiler||Not all codes are easily available, some of them need to coded manually|
|2||It has quick response time||It has a very small community of users|
|3||Completely written in C language that can be manipulated easily|
|4||Has the ability to document everything very easily|
Latest Interview Questions
Embedded Systems Interview Questions
AI Interview Questions
Xml interview Questions
Hibernate Interview Questions
Meteor.js Interview Questions
Dynamodb Interview Questions
FTTH Interview Questions
Amazon DevOps Engineer Interview Questions
Sap lumira Interview Questions
Sap Abap Interview Questions
Amazon Cloud Engineer Interview Questions
Sap Netweaver Interview Questions
Amazon Support Engineer Interview Questions
Robotics interview questions
Amazon Interview Questions
Aws interview questions
Cloud Computing Interview Questions
Apache Ant Interview questions
EJB Interview Questions
Web Designing Interview Questions
Vue.js Interview Questions
Visualforce Interview Questions
Typescript Interview Questions
Teradata Interview Questions
Teacher Interview Questions
Tally interview questions
Tableau interview questions
SVG Interview Questions
SQLite interview questions
Spring interview questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.