Apache Solr Interview Questions
- Shom Das
- 14th Jun, 2022
- 944 Followers
Apache Solr Interview Questions
Apache Solr is a complete text-only platform that works as a search engine for various websites that basically used formats like HTTP and XML. Many organizations are in search of candidates that have immense knowledge along with adequate hands-on-training in this field. If you are looking for advancement in your career then the following Apache Solr Interview Questions will help you get an overview as well as prepare for the interview to land you the favorite job.
Apache Solr Interview Questions
1) What do you understand by the term Apache Lucene?
Sponsored by Apache Software Foundation, Apache Lucene is an open - source, free and superior content internet search engine library written in Java by Doug Cutting. Lucence encourages fully included highlighting, spellchecking and numbering of archives in different configurations like MS Office files, HTML, PDF and so many more.
2) Describe the term Request Handler.
A Request Handler is basically a plugin, which handles approaching solicitations with a specific goal in mind. At the point when a client runs a search in Solr, a request handler prepares the inquiry question. SolrRequestHandler is the Solr Plugin that represents the logic to be performed at any request.
3) List the different type of information that can be retrieved from a field type.
The different type of information that can be retrieved from a field type include the following:
- Name of the field
- Field properties
- A usable class name
- Description of the field investigation for the field type, in case the field type is that of a Text Field
4) What do you understand by the term Field Analyzer?
Working with literary information in Solr, Field Analyzer audits and checks the documented content and produces a token stream. The pre-procedure of examining any input content is performed during the time of inquiring or classifying and at inquiry time. Many of the Solr applications utilize Custom Analyzers characterized by clients. However, it is essential to keep in mind that every Analyzer has just a single Tokenizer.
5) List the various categories of highlighters.
Different categories of highlighters available in Apache Solr include the following:
- Standard Highlighter: gives exact matches even to innovative query parsers.
- FastVector Highlighter: Though less progressed in comparison to Standard Highlighter, it works better for more dialects and promotes Unicode break iterators.
- Postings Highlighter: One of the most precise, compact and effective highlighter categories in comparison to other vectors. However, inappropriate for a progressive number of question terms.
6) What does the term Highlighting refer?
Highlighting is only the fragmentation of records relating to the client's question that is incorporated into the Query reaction. A short time later, these parts are shown and set in the unique portion, that is utilized by the clients and customers to exhibit the pieces. The Solr contains various featuring utilities and has power over different fields. The featuring utilities can be called by Handlers of Request and can be reused with the standard question parsers.
7) How can one utilize Apache Solr for achieving maximum potential for performance?
Solr can accomplish quick inquiry reactions in light of the fact that, rather than looking through the content legitimately, it looks through a record. This resembles recovering pages in a book identified with a catchphrase by checking the file at the back of a book, rather than looking through each expression of each page of the book.
8) List and describe the various building blocks of Apache Solr.
The chief building blocks associated with Apache Solr include the following:
- Request Handler: A request handler is used in order to process various queries that might be related to updating or other features. Based on the requirement of the user, from a variety of request handlers, the most appropriate one can be picked to do the job.
- Search Component: Search Component is a special feature that allows searching for different facilities within Apache Solr. These facilities might include spell checks, faceting, highlighting, etc. that might be particularly required by the user.
- Query Parser: This building block of Apache Solr helps in the verification of different queries for specific syntactical errors. Once the error has been resolved then it is modified to a format that is acceptable by Lucene
- Response Writer: Response Writer in Apache Solr generates various outputs of different formats for each query place by the user. Numerous formats supported by Apache Solr include JSON, XML, CSV, and so on. Each type of response has a different response writer assigned to it.
- Analyzer/Tokenizer: Data is recognized by data in the format of tokens. These token that is analyzed and segregated to different contents by Apache Solr is then passed onto Lucene. The role of the Tokenizer is to then break the stream of tokens that is organized by the analyzer as tokens.
- Update Request Processor: When an update is sent as an appeal to Apache Solr, then this particular request is run via a range of different plugins that are jointly named as update request processor.
9) List the different types of Fields that are used in Apache Solr.
The different type of Fields used in Apache Solr include the following:
10) What do you infer by the term Dynamic Fields with respect to Apache Solr?
During times when a user neglected to characterize some important field then dynamic fields are only the ideal decision to consider. One can make different dynamic fields together and they are profoundly adaptable in ordering fields that are not uniquely characterized in the pattern.
11) Explain the term SolrCloud.
Apache Solr incorporates the capacity to set up a group of Solr servers that consolidates adaptation to non-critical failure and high accessibility is Called SolrCloud. These abilities give circulated ordering and hunt capacities and the accompanying highlights:
- Central arrangement for the whole group
- Automatic burden adjusting and flop over for inquiries
- ZooKeeper combination for group coordination and setup.
In other terms, SolrCloud is adaptable circulated pursuit and order, without an ace hub to assign hubs, shards, and reproductions. Rather, Solr utilizes ZooKeeper to deal with these areas, contingent upon setup records and diagrams. Archives can be sent to any server and ZooKeeper will make sense of it.
12) List the various categories of query parameters used in Apache Solr.
The various categories of query parameters used in Apache Solr include the following:
- fl: stipulates the list of various fields that are required to be returned to each document within the result
- fq: represents a set of filter queries that are filled by Apache Solr within strict bounds for the best result to be obtained for various documents
- rows: represents the exact number of various documents that need to be recovered per page; the default number is 10
- start: represents the initial offset for a particular page, the default number is 0
- sort: indicates the rundown of fields isolated by commas, in light of which the aftereffects of the question is to be arranged
- q: this is the fundamental inquiry parameter of Apache Solr, the archives are scored by their closeness to terms in this parameter
- wt: represents the kind of the reaction the user needs to see the outcome
13) List the various configuration files used by Apache Solr.
The various configuration files used by Apache Solr include the following:
- Solr.xml - This record is in $SOLR_HOME index and is composed of Solr Cloud related data.
- Schema.xml - It constitutes the entire schema.
- Solrconfig.xml - It incorporates the definitions and center explicit setups identified with solicitation taking care of and reaction organizing.
- Core.properties - This record contains the arrangements explicit profoundly.
14) What do you understand by the term Apache Solr core?
Apache Solr Core is a functioning occurrence of a Lucene list that is composed of all the Solr arrangement records. Solr core should be made to perform activities like analyzing and recording. Solr application may contain one or different centers. On the off chance that core might require two centers in a Solr application have the leverage to communicate with one another.
15) List the advantages and disadvantages of utilizing the Lucene Parser in Apache Solr.
|Has a powerful language structure||Learning the syntax consumes a lot of time|
|empowers clients to perform precise scans for every one of the questions either it may be simple or complex||There is a requirement of expert programmers who can write codes.|
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Most Popular Interview Questions
Latest MCQ Tests
Related Interview Questions
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.