Kanban Interview Questions
- Anupriya Dutta
- 12th Nov, 2022
- 1038 Followers
Kanban Interview Questions
Kanban is a type of visual system that is used to manage all the workings as it moves through a process. Kanban's main task is to visualize all the processes and the work while going through the process. The main motto of Kanban is to analyze the main problem in your process and also help to fix them so that the work can flow speedily and effectively.
Kanban was started in the year 1940. The system has been developed by Taiichi Ohno. Kanban was specially designed for Toyota of Japan. There are several types of Kanban interview questions and answers that will help you a lot.
David J Anderson first applied the concept of the Kanban method. Kanban is also known as a flash card. Finally, practice here the top 15+ Kanban Interview Questions and Answers.
1) What is Kanban?
Kanban is a type of flash card or a visual system that is used to manage all the workings that are going between the processes. Kanban has been developed in the year 1940 by Taiichi Ohno.
2) What is Production Kanban?
Production Kanban is specially made up of an exhaustive list that consists of all the things that are needed by the part so that it can be completed. The Production Kanban also brings requisite materials and parts along with each and every information that a Withdrawal Kanban has.
3) What is power-ups in Kanban?
In Kanban the main aim of the power-ups is to allow you to customize your board as per your need.
4) What is time tracking in Kanban?
The time tracking is a type of tracker that is used to track the time you spend on a project or the task. It helps to encourage you to work for full 25 minutes that are divided with the small intervals.
5) What is Withdrawal Kanban?
Withdrawal Kanban is a type of move card or the conveyance Kanban. In this, when a component is being shifted from one place to another then this Withdrawal Kanban is being used for the signalling process.
6) What is SwiftKanban?
SwiftKanban is a type of software which is used to manage the lean or agile initiative. In other words, it is a type of agile project management software whose main motto is to increase collaboration and team productivity.
7) What are the principles of the Kanban Methodology?
The following are the principles of the Kanban Methodology:
- The Kanban method will strongly maintain the workings of the process by not making any changes in the setup. Kanban should be applied on the current flow.
- Kanban will help you to make the little changes in the process work rather than making vast changes that lead to resistance within a team.
- Kanban methodology doesn't change. So it is not mandatory for any change of their role and function in a certain process.
- Kanban methodology has the ability for continuous improvements in all the levels of the organization.
8) What are the difference between scrum and Kanban?
The following are the main differences between Scrum and Kanban:
- In Scrum, you have to do daily standup meetings whereas in Kanban the daily standup is not at all needed.
- Iteration is especially a part of Scrum whereas in Kanban iteration is used but it is optional. It will really depend on you.
- In Scrum, the task structure is designed in such a way that it fits within the iteration whereas in Kanban there is no size limit for the task.
9) What are the different types of Kanban?
The following are the different types of Kanban:
- Production Kanban
- Withdrawal Kanban
- Emergency Kanban
- Through Kanban
- Express Kanban
- Supplier Kanban
10) What is Emergency Kanban?
There are several sets of Kanban that are used in the replacement of the defective parts or for the sudden change in the type of quantity of the product that is needed to be produced. In this case, the Emergency Kanban is being used.
11) What is Through Kanban?
The Through Kanban comprises of Production and the Withdrawal Kanban. They are being used in the situation where both the work centres pertaining to these Kanban and are situated adjacent to each other.
12) What is Express Kanban?
Express Kanban is a type of Kanban that comes in the scene where there is an unanticipated shortage of the parts. The main motto of the Express Kanban is to make sure that there is no slowing down of the manufacturing process.
13) What is Supplier Kanban?
This type of the Kanban moves straight away to the supplier. The system of the Supplier Kanban is being entered in the manufacturer.
14) What are the procedures of the workings of Kanban?
Kanban is a type of non – disrupted evolutionary change in the management system. It means the effective parts will be improved by taking small steps.
The following are the three columns of the workings of Kanban:
- To do – this type of column lists all of the tasks that are not even started.
- Doing – in this list, it consists of all the tasks that are in the progress.
- Done – the list consists of all the tasks that are completed.
15) What are the types of power-ups in Kanban?
The following are the different types of power-up in Kanban:
- Card block
- Card aging
- Developer tools
- Team activity widget
- Task Navigator
- Add task box
- Calendar widget
- Web attachment
16) What is the information the time trackers provide to Kanban?
The following is the information the time tracker provide to Kanban:
- They provide detailed reports of the works that are done.
- Manages all the time entries
- Easy time tracking
17) What are the procedures to link a card together in Kanban?
The following is the procedures to link a card in Kanban:
- You can use tags to link the two cards together in Kanban.
- You can also use the unique link to join the two cards.
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Most Popular Interview Questions
Latest MCQ Tests
Related Interview Questions
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.