Java Grails is open source framework that is written Groovy Programming Language. It is Groovy-based web application framework for the JVM built on top of Spring Boot. Below are the some possible Java Grails Interview Questions and Answers.
Java Grails Interview Questions
- 1) What are the best practices to be followed while developing a grails application?
- 2) What do you mean by scaffolding? How do we use it?
- 3) What is the use of bootstrap.groovy?
- 4) What do you mean by closures?
- 5) What do you understand by metaprogramming?
Download Java Grails Interview Questions PDF
Below are the list of Best Java Grails Interview Questions and Answers
Building an application using grails framework is quite easy. But, when building it the right way we need to follow the best practices. Some of the practices followed while building a grails application are listed below:
- Controller: the controller logic should be as simple as possible. Duplication of code should be avoided.
- Service: it is the right choice for a coarse-grained code. By default, services are transactional in nature.
- Views: views should be as simple as possible. A consistent look should be maintained throughout the pages of the application.
- Internationalization: all the text messages in view should be moved to “messages.properties”.
- Domain: the specific logic of the model domain should be placed in its own domain.
Scaffolding is used to generate some basic CRUD interfaces for a domain class. It includes the necessary views and some controller actions for creating, updating, reading, and deleting CRUD operations. There are basically two types of scaffolding-
- Static scaffolding: with the help of this, controller and views can be generated to create certain interfaces using the command line.
- Dynamic scaffolding: using dynamic scaffolding, various functions like- index, show, edit, etc. can be dynamically implemented by default by using the runtime scaffolding mechanism.
For expressing a dependency on the scaffolding plugin, we can use-“build.gradle”.
Sometimes a situation occurs in which a particular task is to be carried out every time the application starts or stops.”bootstrap.groovy” is used for this particular situation. It is a simple plain groovy script which has two important closures: the “init” and “destroy” files. So, whenever the application starts or stops, these closures are called upon respectively. This “bootstrap.groovy” is present inside the grails-app/conf folder. It is used to define a code whenever the application performs any function.
A closure is a short and anonymous block of code which is just used to span a few lines of code. This block of code can even be entered as a parameter in the method. Closures are anonymous in nature. Formal parameters can also be contained in closures so that it can be more useful just like methods in groovy. Closures can also refer to a variable at the time when a closure is defined. Closures can be a type of parameter for a method. Few methods provided by closure itself are listed below:
- any() and every()
- Collect (), etc.
Metaprogramming is the ability of adding new methods or variables to the classes dynamically at run time. You can add methods or variables whenever and wherever you want. This is a very powerful ability. Be it the use of code production, unit tests, or anything in between, these capabilities increases the curiosity of the java developers. These are the programs that write or manipulate other programs. These are responsible for dynamic string execution. These help in exposing the internal of runtime engine to the programming codes through API’s. the meta object protocols make the program semantics explicit and extensible.
Related Interview Questions
Kotlin Interview Questions
Core Java interview questions
Vaadin interview questions
Scala interview questions
Maven interview questions
OpenXava Interview questions
Java Play interview Questions
Groovy interview questions
Hibernate Interview Questions
Java Grails Interview Questions
Apache Ant Interview questions
Apache Kafka Interview Questions
Gradle Interview Questions
JSF Interview Questions
JSP Interview Questions
JUnit Interview Questions
Spring interview questions
Struts interview questions
Spring Boot Interview questions
Servlet interview questions
JDBC interview questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions