Xamarin Interview Questions
- Advik Mishra
- 07th Jun, 2022
- 456 Followers
Xamarin Interview Questions
What is Xamarin?
Xamarin is a type of Microsoft owned San Francisco based company. This type of company is founded in May 2011. The developers can use Xamarin tools to write the native Android, iOS and the Window apps with the native user interface. The Xamarin was being developed by the engineers who also created Mono. According to Xamarin, it was being noted that over 1.4 million developers were using the Xamarin products in the 120 countries. There are some of the Xamarin Interview Questions and answers that will help you a lot.
Xamarin is very much beneficial for app developers. This is because if the developers are developing different apps for different platforms, then they have to wait for a considerable amount of time. In this way, the company may suffer a lot. But the Xamarin will help to reduce the development time and the efforts because it will let you built cross-platform apps.
Xamarin Interview Questions and Answers
1) What is Xamarin?
Xamarin is a type of cross-platform development technology, where we can build the native user interface for the IOS, Android and the Windows phone. Xamarin gets its name from the Tamarin monkey where T has been replaced with an X.
2) What is Xamarin .forms?
A Xamarin .forms is a type of a framework that helps to allow the developers to build the cross-platform applications for the Android, iOS, and Windows.
3) What are the uses of Xamarin?
Xamarin provides all the flexibility to write the core logic using the C# and also provides the extensibility to design the native user interface for each of the platform.
4) What is Xamarin test cloud?
Xamarin test cloud allows testing a mobile application on diverse devices. Test cloud is also for automated testing on many real devices simultaneously.
5) What is data binding in Xamarin?
Data binding is the type of technique that is used to automatically synchronize the data source with the user interface. When the data binding is done and the data or your business model changes, then it reflects the changes automatically to the UI elements and the vice versa.
6) What are the types of a programming language that support Xamarin development?
Xamarin is unique in the sense that it helps in offering a single language that includes C#, class library and runtime. These types of languages work across all three mobile platforms that are iOS, Android and Windows.
7) What are the types of elements that are used in the Xamarin?
The following are the types of elements that are used in the Xamarin:
- C# language
- Mono .net framework
- IDE tools
8) What are the type of apps that use the Xamarin?
There are different types of apps that use the Xamarin and they are:
- OLO – An online platform to order food
- The world bank survey app – An app for the global survey
- Storyo – An app that helps to create videos from picture
- Freshdirect – Your friendly online grocer
- Insightly – A comprehensive CRM and project management application
- Just giving – a philanthropic Interface
- Evolve – The all in one event based informative app
- Super Giant Games – PC games that are compatible with iPhones
- Skulls of Shogun – Another multi-platform gaming app
- Thermo fisher scientific – An app that blends science a lot
9) What are the reason to use Xamarin for cross-platform development?
The following are some of the reasons to use Xamarin for cross-platform development:
- Less to learn
- No limits
- Faster time to market
- Fewer Bugs
- Readiness for future
10) What are the types of apps that are built with Xamarin?
The followings are the 5 types of apps that are built with Xamarin- goal 2014 football manager, the secret society, iLearn for kids, parental access and Toolwiz cleaner.
11) What is XAML?
XAML stands for the Extensible Application Markup Language. XAML allows defining the user interface in Xamarin. Forms application use the markup language rather than code.
12) What are the advantages of XAML?
There are many advantages to using XAML. Some main benefits are:
- XAML is often more crisp and precise than a similar code.
- XAML gives a clean division between an application and its code. Thus, it enables a clear developer-designer workflow.
- XAML has the parent-child hierarchy of user-interface objects with greater visual simplicity.
13) What are the different kinds of pages are present in the Xamarin .forms?
The following are some of the different pages that are present in the Xamarin .forms:
- Content page – this type of the page displays a single view, often a container such as a stack layout or the scroll view.
- Master-Detail page – this type of page manages two types of panes of information.
- Navigation page – a page that manages the navigation and the user experiences as a stack of other pages
- Tabbed page – this page allows the navigation of the children pages using the tab.
- Templated page – a page that helps to display the full page content with a control template and the base class for the content page.
- Carousel page – a page allowing the swipe gestures between the subpages such as a gallery.
14) What are the different types of layout control present in the Xamarin .forms?
There are different types of layout controls present in the Xamarin .forms. Some of them are:
- Content presenter
- Content view
- Scroll view
- Template view
- Absolute layout
- Relative layout
- Stack layout
15) How to set up the Xamarin?
The following are the 4 simple steps to set up the Xamarin:
- Download the Xamarin installer
- Run the installer
- Configure it
- Activation of Xamarin
16) What are the products of Xamarin?
The following are the main products of the Xamarin:
- Xamarin platform
- Xamarin .forms
- Xamarin test clouds
- Xamarin for visual studio
- Xamarin Studio
- Xamarin .mac
- .Net mobility scanner
- Robo VM
17) What are the different types of data binding modes in Xamarin?
The following are the different types of data binding modes in Xamarin:
- One way – changes in the source affects the target
- One way to the source – changes in the target affect the source
- Two way – changes in the source and target affect each other
18) What are the different types of scenario used in the Xamarin .forms?
The following are the different types of scenarios used in the Xamarin .forms:
- View to view bindings
- Binding with the models
- Backward bindings
- Binding with the collections
19) What are the uses of the data pages in the Xamarin .forms?
The data pages help the developers to quickly and easily consume a supported data source and then render it by using the UI scaffolding. One can customize it with the themes.
20) What are the differences between Xamarin and mono?
|Xamarin is one of the most powerful solutions for building awesome apps.||If you want to build an app for a single platform, then you need to have a native platform.|
|Using the Xamarin you can create native apps for multiple platforms via the same IDE, API’s and language.||Native mobile apps are built on Android, Java, IOS, and Windows.|
|Using Xamarin, entrepreneurs can skip the extra development time for each platform.||Using Mono, entrepreneurs cannot skip the extra development time for each platform.|
|Xamarin apps are mainly accessible for wider ranges at a lower cost.||Mono is accessible for the wider ranges at a higher cost.|
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Most Popular Interview Questions
Latest MCQ Tests
Related Interview Questions
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.