Here are a few SAP Questions provided with their answers, which you may encounter while being interviewed and will help you crack the interview.
SAP Interview questions
- 1) What is SAP and what are the different products of SAP?
- 2) Mention different modules in SAP?
- 3) What are the drawbacks of SAP?
- 4) List the different type of variables?
- 5) Distinguish between OLAP and Data Mining?
- 6) Mention the different types of source systems in SAP?
- 7) What are AWB and Bex ?
- 8) What do you mean by Business Content and Extended Star Schema in SAP?
- 9) Explain the common transport errors?
- 10) Describe the standard stages of SAP Payment run?
- 11) What should be the approach to writing a BDC program?
- 12) What do you mean by Extractor and Pooled Tables?
- 13) What is sap inventory?
- 14) What is sap crystal reports?
- 15) What is sap payroll system?
- 16) What is BOR in sap?
Below are the list of Best SAP Interview questions and Answers
Products of SAP:
- SAP R/3: It is the new ERP market Leader succeeding the SAP R/2. R/3 is a complete three-tier architecture that is Presentation, Logic and Data tier. SD, FI, HR are some of its modules which encompass almost all enterprise departments.
- mySAP: It is a suite of SAP product which includes SRM, PLM, CRM and SCM apart from SAP R/3.
- Enterprise Controlling (EC)
- Financial Accounting (AC)
- Controlling (CO)
- Human Resource (HR)
- Treasury (TR)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Investment Management (IM)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Business Warehousing (BW)
- Material Management (MM)
- The SAP is expensive.
- It requires highly trained staff.
- It takes a lot of time whiQ3. le implementing.
- Interfaces arise the hassle and complexity.
- It does not specify or cannot determine where the master data is stored.
- Hierarchy Notes
- Processing type
- Characteristic variables
- User Entry / Default Type
- Replacement Path
Data Mining:Data Mining is an analytic process which involves three stages: Initial Exploration, Model building and Deployment to explore data in search of consistent patterns or systematic relationship between variables.
- SAP R/3 source system
- SAP BW
- Flat files
- External system
Bex:Bex stands for Business Explorer. It allows the user end to locate reports, analyze information, view reports and execution of the queries.
The Queries in the workbook can be saved to their respective roles in the Bex Browser. Bex contains the following components: Bex Analyzer, Bex Map, and Bex Web.
Extended Star Schema:It consists of fact tables and dimension tables. The tables related to master data are kept in separate tables, which have reference to the characteristics in the dimension table. The separate tables for master data are called Extended Star Schema.
- Return code 4: This error code is imported with warnings, generation of programs, columns or rows missing.
- Return code 8: This error code is imported with syntax error, program generation error, dictionary activation error and because of many other errors.
- Return code 12: This error code indicates import canceled because of object missing, object not active and many objects related errors.
- Return code 18: this error code indicates import canceled due to system down while importing, user expired during import and insufficient authorization.
- Entering of Parameters: This stage includes entering into company codes, vendor accounts, payment methods and other accounts.
- Proposal Scheduling: This stage includes the list of invoices to be paid which is proposed by the system.
- Payment Booking: This stage includes the booking o the actual payments in the ledger.
- Printing of payment forms: This stage includes printing of payment forms.
- Firstly, a recording has to be created.
- Legacy system data is converted into the internal table as referred as “conversion”.
- The flat file is transferred into the SAP system called “SAP Data Transfer”.
- Depending on the BDC type CALL TRANSACTION or CREATE SESSION.
Pooled Tables:These tables are used to store control data. Many pooled tables are united to form a table pool. It is a physical table on the database in which every record of the allocated pooled table is stored or saved.
SAP is a software that assists business owners, retailers and manufacturers to carry out effective management of their supply chain. You receive real-time information and fast access to SAP. Every organization, manufacturers, and others are very careful with their inventory and they make sure not to have it excess. Excessive inventory promotes overhead expenses.
To keep track of the constant moving piece in an inventory or to simplify inventory management, SAP inventory is used. In a simple term, SAP inventory helps business owners or partners to know what is working in their organization and sectors that need more attention. Optimization of e-commerce is easily done with SAP inventory.
An SAP crystal reports is a famous Windows-based report writer solution owned and created by SAP. It permits developers in the creating of dashboards and reports from different data sources. An SAP crystal report works together with the database. It is designed to make analyzing and interpreting of information by users possible. While a user can develop simple reports, the SAP crystal report provides tools to develop a complex report. You can produce different reports using this software from any data source. Email, website, Microsoft word and excel are some of the formats crystal reports can publish while Chartio and tableau desktop are some of the competitors.
Payroll is a major part of the SAP HR module. It has many functions in which processing employee's payroll in a business sector or organization is one. There are many features of an SAP payroll system. Some of the features are:
- It is possible to integrate a sap payroll system with accounting, personnel administration, wages, and time management.
- All thanks to data retention, an individual can utilize the master data and other personnel Administration.
- SAP Payroll system encompasses time management which is made use of while running a payroll.
- To directly process payroll, incentive wages component is utilized.
- Information associated with SAP Payroll component is directly posted in Financial Accounting FICO.
BOR stands for Business Object Repository. In the R/3 system, BOR is the object-oriented repository. It is made up of SAP interface and SAP business object types together with their components. Some of their components include events, methods, and attributes. There are many uses of business object repository in SAP. It offers a view of processes and system data in an object-oriented form. The stability of the interface is ensured as a result of the business object repository. It helps in the arrangement of different interfaces based on the component hierarchy. This makes it easy to search and get functions back simpler and faster.
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions