At present, SAP HANA is one of the most demanding versions of SAP. While preparing for the interview candidate’s focus should be to understand the system by the best possible method. It is important to grasp the architecture, principles, techniques and the framework of designing such software. We focus on making you comfortable by providing the necessary terminology and questions, which can be asked in the interview.
After being familiar with these questions, you will surely be able to handle the questions asked in the interview. Not just this but knowing these questions will also increase your confidence level. Know about the SAP HANA merits and demerits. Also, read about the different edition which are available and what advantage does it has. Further, here are 20 interview questions of SAP HANA, which can be asked.
2. Explain SAP HANA Database and SAP HANA Platform.
SAP HANA Database – SAP HANA Database is a hybrid in-memory database. This Database is known as the heart of SAP in-memory technology. As mentioned in SAP HANA, Database tables are of two types
SAP HANA Platform – SAP HANA Platform is called the development platform with in-memory data storage. This facility allows the users to perform the analysis on a large volume of data that too in a real time. This Platform works as a platform for development. It also provides infrastructure and tools for building a high-performance application.
8. Compare SAP HANA and BWA (Business Warehouse Accelerator). Also, state how is SAP HANA working currently ?
BWA or (Business Warehouse Accelerator): BWA is known as an in-memory accelerator for Business Warehouse (BW). The main focus of BWA is on improving the query performance of SAP Net Weaver BW. BWA is particularly designed to accelerate BW queries and also for reducing the data acquisition time by persisting the copies of the info cube.
SAP HANA: SAP HANA is an in-memory database. It is a platform where high-performance analytic reports and application is found. Another thing to notice here is that in SAP HANA data can be loaded from SAP and non-SAP Source System through SLT, BODS, DXC, and Sybase. This can be viewed using SAP BO/BI, Crystal Reports or Excel.
Currently, SAP HANA is working as an in-memory database for SAP BW. And now SAP HANA is able to improve the overall performance of SAP Net weaver BW.
11. What task does modeling studio perform?
Modeling studio in HANA performs multiple tasks like:
- It informs which tables are been stored in HANA. And its first part is to get the meta-data, and then the job of scheduling data replication starts.
- It manages Data Services to enter the data from SAP Business Warehouse and other systems.
- It manages the ERP instance connection because the current release version does not support connection to various other ERP instances.
12. Mention the different compression techniques in SAP HANA?
There are three different compression techniques in SAP HANA and they are:
- Run-length encoding.
- Cluster encoding.
- Dictionary encoding.
13. What do you mean by latency?
Latency is the length of time required to replicate data from the original system to the new system i.e. from the source system to the targeted system.
14. Explain briefly the transformation rules?
In the Advanced Replication settings, a transformation rule is specified. It is designed in such a way that transaction for source tables is transformed during the replication process. For example, users can specify a rule in case of Converting the fields, to fill empty fields and also to Skip the records.