Mainframe interview questions
- 1) What is the difference between LINK and XCTL?
- 2) What is the difference between the MRO & ISC?
- 3) What happens when a CICS command contains the NOHANDLE option?
- 4) What is Quasi-reentrancy?
- 5) How are VSAM Files Read in CICS pgms?
- 6) What are the differences between Temporary Storage Queue (TSQ) and Transient Data Quene (TDQ)?
- 7) What is the CICS command that is used to access current date and time?
- 8) What is MDT?
- 9) What is the CICS LOAD command?
- 10) What is a cursor in CICS SQL processing?
- 11) How do you handle errors in CICS pgms?
- 12) Explain the various ways data can be passed between CICS programs?
- 13) What is CEDF?
- 14) What is a clustered index?
- 15) What is the difference between static and dynamic SQL?
- 16) How do you retrieve the data from a nullable column?
- 17) What is a DBRM, PLAN?
- 18) What is the difference between HIDAM and HDAM databases?
- 19) What is Mainframe Testing?
- 20) What is the self-referencing constraint?
- 21) Explain lock contention?
- 22) What is the difference between version control and debugging tools?
- 23) Explain the difference among the EXEC LINK, EXEC XCTL, and Cobol II static call statements in CICS?
- 24) Name some commands used for CICS file browsing.?
- 25) How will you access a VSAM File using an alternate index?
Below are the list of Best Mainframe Interview Questions and Answers
The clustered index is a unique type of index. This rearranges the order or manner in which the data or information of the table are stored. Also, the rows due to this type of index are stored on the disk, physically as per the index. Hence, there exists one single type of clustered index for one table. And the data pages are stored in the leaf nodes of this clustered index.
First of all, SPUFI stands for SQL Processore Using File Input. This is a type of database provision, developed by the well-known IBM for the system that they provide, known as DB2. With the help of this users get to put the SQL commands directly into the TSO environment. This way they do not have to embed the commands of SQL into the program.
EIB stands for Execute Interface Block. It is a control block that is loaded automatically by the CICS for every program.
It contains information about transaction identifier, time, date, etc. which is used by the CICS during the execution of an application program.
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions