Elasticsearch is a real-time distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine built on the top of Apache Lucene which is a full-text search engine. you can see Elasticsearch as a distributed storage that features Real-time Analytics. It is document-oriented and stores object as document and make them indexable so the content of documents is searchable.
Few Known Facts about ElasticSearch
- Built on Top of Lucene (A full-text search engine by Apache )
- Document-Oriented (Stores data structured JSON documents)
- Full-Text Search (Supports Full-text search indexing which gives faster result retrieval)
- Schema-Free (Uses NoSQL)
- Restful API (Support Restful APIs for storage and retrieval of records)
- Supports Autocompletion & Instant Search