Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP)
There are a lot of opportunities offered by many reputed companies for the aspirants with CCNP Engineering knowledge, and if you are the one among them, then it is time for you to hit a home run and shine out with a bright future career.
And if you are looking for CCNP Interview Questions that will help you land a job, then you are at the right place.
Here are a few CCNP Interview Questions that are specially designed to make the candidates strong at the fundamentals and will eventually help you in cracking the interview.
Top 20 Ccnp Interview questions and questions - 2018
Below are the list of Best Ccnp Interview questions and Answers
Question 1. Can you explain the purpose of a default route?
Question 2. Explain why postal addresses and telephone numbers are routable?
- Postal address:It has three components called state, city, and street that are used to deliver mail.A mail can be delivered to the next post office based on only the City, state and street information.
- Telephone number: It has an area code and exchange. It is delivered at the core layer based on the area code.
Question 3. Distinguish between routing and switching?
- Routing : It moves a letter or telephone call to the access layer.
- Switching:The final delivery is made by switching and the switching decision is made on the part of the address that isn’t used in routing.
Question 4. In route summarization what does the term hiding information mean?
- Postal system :In the postal system, the core layer is only information which is required to make a routing decision in the city or state information.
We can see some specific street numbers and names hidden because the core layer doesn’t require them.
- Telephone system :In a telephone system, at the core layer, the area code is used to make the routing decision.The specific last four digit of the phone numbers are hidden because the core layer doesn’t require them.
Question 5. What are access, distribution and core components in the postal address?
- Street number and name are the components of access layer.
- The city name is the component of distribution layer.
- The state name is the component of the core layer.
Question 6. Explain the differences between Classful and classless protocol?
- Classful: Classful routing protocols do not advertise the subnet mask information. For the Classful protocol, the subnets being used must be of the same length for the major network number. It can’t support discontiguous network prefixes.
- Classless: The protocol of Classless routing advertise is the subnet mask information along with the network prefixes.
Question 7. What are the states in which EIGRP can route in and what do these states mean?
- Passive state: The passive state means that the router has a successor for a route.
- Active state: The active state means that a router does not have a successor for a route and is sending queries to the neighbor to receive the information about the route.
Question 8. What types of routes are allowed in stub area?
- OSPF intra-area
- inter-area routes
- and also a default route.
The external routes are not advertised in this area.
Question 9. What types of routes are allowed in NSSA?
- OSPF intra-area, inter-area routes and also a default route.
- The External routes from ASBRs are converted to N1 and N2 routes.
External routes from ABRs are blocked.
Question 10. What are the types of OSPF?
- Internal router
Question 11. Mention the types of OSPF routes?
Question 12. Can you explain the difference between E1 and E2 OSPF routes?
- E1 OSPF route :The E1 OSPF route contains the OSPF cost to reach ASBR and the cost from ASBR to the external route.
- E2 OSPF route : The E2 route contains the cost from ASBR to the external route only.
Question 13. Explain the purpose of OSPF virtual link?
Question 14. How many OSPF databases are on an OSPF router?
Question 15. Can you explain the difference between OSPF and IS-IS backbone?
- OSPF : The OSPF has area 0 or backbone area.
All the non-zero areas must be connected through a virtual link or a router.
- IS-IS :It has a backbone area which is made up of a contiguous chain of Level 2 capable routers.
Question 16. Mention the general types of BGP attributes?
- Well-known mandatory
- Well-known discretionary
- Optional transitive
- Optional nontransitive