Talend Interview Questions
- Nitish Patel
- 14th Jun, 2022
- 715 Followers
Talend Interview Questions
Talend interview questions with their ‘perfect’ answers are the few most wanted knowledge for the job seekers in this information era. Talent itself had got many features in it like the data generator routine, string handling routines, tMap, tJoin, tXML map operation, and many others. Hence, knowing them is crucial and the most effective way of finding a good career.
The cloud and data integration software, Talend with its high demand for professional of worth is likely to remain the center of interest for the IT mass of this score. So, it's the right opportunity to prepare for these competitive jobs with some of the best possible interview questions beforehand. Here are a few Talend interview questions with wonderful answers that would help you perfect your opportunities and fly in multicolors. Go through the questions to know the best of Talend.
Talend Interview Questions
1) What Is Talend tool?
Talend is an open-source data integration platform and provides various software and services for data integration, data management, enterprise application integration, data quality, cloud storage, and Big Data. Talend first developed into the market in 2005 as the first commercial open source software vendor of data integration software.
2) What do you understand by Talend in general?
Talend is a simple open source software integration platform/vendor which offers integration and data management solutions with various integration software and services for big data, master data management, cloud storage, data management, data integration, data quality, data preparation, and enterprise applications.
3) What is the Talend Open Studio?
The simple but elegant open source project that is based on Eclipse is called the Talend Open Studio which supports ETL oriented implementations. It is usually provided for the on-premises readying. This helps with the code generator which produces knowledge transformation scripts for their satisfactory programme in Java. It provides an interactive and easy graphical user interface that allows you to access the data repository containing the definition and configurations for every method performed in Talend.
4) Why is Talend called a Code Generator?
Talend provides an easy graphical user-friendly interface wherever it is a necessary element to style employment. Once the task gets over, Talend Studio mechanically will interpret it into the Java category at the backend. Every element of very Job is split into three elements of Java code (begin, main and end). This can be the reason why the Talend studio is named a code generator.
5) What is the default pattern of date in Talend?
The fixed date pattern in Talend is dd-mm-yyyy.
6) How can one schedule a job in Talend?
For scheduling a job in Talend, one needs to start with exporting the duty as a standalone program and then has to do victimization on the OS’ native programming tools (Windows Task computer hardware, Linux, Cron, etc.). Then can schedule the Jobs as required.
7) Explain how errors in Talend are handled?
- First, for simple Jobs, one can use the exception throwing process of Talend Open Studio that is displayed within the Run view.
- Secondly, Each Subjob and element should come to a code that leads the extra process. That is to use the Subjob Ok/Error and Element Ok/Error links which can help to direct the error towards an error handling routine from where it is easier to correct.
Above all, it is good to know the basic means of handling a blunder is to mark an error handling Subjob that ought to execute whenever an error or a mistake happens.
Talend is one of the best cost-effective highly versatile open source software integration platform which provides a very good user-friendly environment with a readily adaptable interface.
8) What does Expression Editor do in Talend?
All expressions like Var, Input or Output, and constraint statements can be viewed and altered simply from an Expression Editor. Expression Editor comes with a fanatical read for writing any operate or transformation. The required expressions that square measure required for the information transformation may be directly written in the Expression editor, or you'll conjointly open the Expression Builder dialog box wherever you'll simply write the information transformation expressions.
9) Why Talend when there are many other ETL tools available?
Following is the major advantage of Talend: Talend operates with a huge community in a very little expense in a very swift fashion like the modern trends, but unlike the trends, Talend gives assurance to be a unified and safe platform for all.
10) What do you know about connections in Talend?
- In Talend, connections are the ones to determines the data process, data output, or the logical sequence of work. Talend provides various types of connections like the 'Rowthat' which deals with an actual data flow. There are also varieties of Row connections that are supported in Talend, Main, Lookup, Filter,.Rejects, ErrorRejects and many others.
- Another type of connection is Iterate that performs a loop on files in a directory.
- Another is Trigger that is used to create dependency like the Subjob Trigger, OnSubjobOK, OnSubjobError, Run if and others.
- The link is also a Talend connection that is used to transfer the table schema information
11) Highlight a few differences between ‘OnComponentOk’ and ‘OnSubjobOk’.
Major difference between ‘OnComponentOk’ and ‘OnSubjobOk’ lies in the connection and they are:
|Belongs to Component Triggers connections.||Belongs to Subjob Triggers connections.|
|It is linked to Component that starts to execute only when the previous component is successfully finished and executed.||It is linked with Subjob that starts executing only when the previous Subjob finishes execution.|
|OnComponentOk link can be used with any component in a Job.||This OnSubjobOk link can only be used with the first component of the Subjob, not others.|
12) What do you understand by the project in Talend?
A bundle of technical resources with their metadata for all the jobs and business items that the user design is called as a project in Talend.
13) What is workspace?
It is where one can store folders, like a repository which is mandatory for every individual connection.
14) How is an element replaced in a string?
Replacing one element with another is done by using ‘Change routine’ along with ‘tJava components’.
15) Describe the ETL Process.
E stands for Extract, T for Transform and L for Load. It refers to a trio of processes that are needed to understand the information from its supply to an information warehouse that is to a business intelligence system or a large knowledge platform.
- Extract: This step involves accessing the info from all the Storage Systems like RDBMS, stand out files, XML files, flat files etc.
- Transform: In this step, entire knowledge is analyzed, and numerous functional area units are applied on to remodel the job into the desired format.
- Load: In this step, the processed knowledge, i.e., the extracted and renovated knowledge is then loaded to a target knowledge repository that typically is the information. It can be utilizing the bottom resources.
16) What’s a “insert or update” and “update or insert”, how do we find the difference?
- First, insert or update: In this action, firstly Talend tries to insert a record. However, if a record is with an identical primary key that already exists, then only it updates that record.
- On the contrary, update or insert is where the action changes, Talend first tries to update a record with an identical primary key. However, if there's none, then the record is inserted.
17) How is Repository different from built-in?
Read-only-information is called repository where the changes are not possible whereas in built-in there can be manual editing of the data as data is kept in the local for the job requirements.
18) The component used for sorting data is called as?
In general, ExternalSortRow and tSortRow are included for sorting.
19) What are the operations which tMap allows?
tMap allows some data transformation operation on any type of fields like fields concatenation and interchange, data multiplexing and demultiplexing, data rejecting, field filtering using constraints.
20) Is Binary Transfer mode possible in SFTP?
SFTP cannot use the binary transfer mode but FTP can. So, ‘current mode directory’ and ‘transfer mode’ are also not possible with SFTP.
21) In Talend can a variable be defined which can be accessed by many jobs?
Yes, a static variable declared in the routine can assess many jobs if it is added in the setter method for the respective variable in routine.
Leave A Comment :
Valid name is required.
Valid name is required.
Valid email id is required.