Interview Question ActiveX
The market for technology has always been competitive and tough therefore cracking the interview doesn’t come that easy. The ActiveX programmers find there place in several setups, but the key to entering one of the corporates is doing smart work. ActiveX programmers can research a little about the past interview patterns so that they can be ready to face a panel.
ActiveX is an object-oriented programming tools formation that is built by Microsoft for Internet explorer to assist the progress of rich media playback. It is not a programming language; it is a set of rules on how applications should share information. It is like Java applets. While Java applets have limited access to Windows operating system, ActiveX has full access to the operating system.
The difficulty level of the ActiveX Interview Questions might vary for fresher and experienced. While freshers might face simple and rather basic questions the experienced personnels may get a higher level. But whether you are a fresher or experienced, you must be prepared for the interview. You should read about all crucial notes related to ActiveX.
The experts can quickly help you with this thing, so here we are providing you with some of the usual questions (with answers), which are generally asked in an interview. Hope these questions will help you in analyzing the level you need to prepare for.
1. What is ActiveX control?
2. What Are the Properties defined By ActiveX Controls?
- Stock: These are fundamental properties provided for each control, for example, font or color. The developer must enact stock properties. However, there is little, or no coding included.
- Extended: These properties are handled by the compartment, usually including placement and size onscreen.
- Custom: These are properties, which are added by the primary control developer.
- Ambient: These are properties of the condition that surrounds the control – properties of the compartment into which it has been put. These can’t be changed, but the control can utilize them to modify its properties.
3. Explain Object Serialization?
4. Define Shallow and Deep Copy?
5. What do you mean by COM (Component Object Model)?
6. What do you mean by type library?
7. How does COM give language transparency?
8. What does IUnknown interface mean?
9. State the advantages of ActiveX Dll over Active Exe?
ACTIVEX EXE: An out-of-process segment, or ActiveX EXE, keeps running in its specified address space. The customer is usually an application running in another process. The code running in an ActiveX Exe is running.
10. What are ActiveX Code Components? What is GUID?
ActiveX code components don’t keep running as separate applications; instead, they are kept running in a similar procedure zone as the customer
GUID stands for Globally Unique Identifier – It is a 16-byte number created by Microsoft programs that particularly distinguishes a system or user or PC or document. It is one of the components of information that can be passed when you interface with an Internet website, and it might be stored in cookies.
At last, it might be possible that you may be asked other ActiveX Interview questions. You must gather as much as information you can gather before the interview, so that can be more confident in the interview.
Good Luck with your bright future in the field of ActiveX!!!