Latest Active Directory Interview Questions and Answers
Active Directory Interview Questions
- 1) Explain what is Active Directory?
- 2) What is the port no of LDAP ?
- 3) What is KCC?
- 4) What is SYSVOL Folder?
- 5) Explain the difference between Enterprise and Domain Admin groups in Active Directory?
- 6) What are application partitions? When do I use them ?
- 7) What are sites? For what they are used?
- 8) What is Forest? How to check tombstone lifetime value in your Forest ?
- 9) What is LDAP?
- 10) Please Explain Active Directory Schema?
- 11) Explain domain controller in AD?
- 12) List the ports used by Active Directory?
- 13) Where Active Directory database held and how would you create a backup of the database?
- 14) What is Domain Tree?
- 15) What is RODC ?
- 16) What is Subnet?
- 17) How to configure Universal Group Membership Caching in AD?
- 18) What Export-VM command do?
- 19) Explain namespace?
- 20) What are Schemas?
- 21) What are Flat Namespaces?
- 22) What are Hierarchical Namespaces?
- 23) List different types of containers in AD?
- 24) List the components of an Active Directory structure?
- 25) What is Multiple-Master Replication?
Below are the list of Best Active Directory Interview Questions and Answers
Active directory just as the name suggests is a directory service. This directory service acts as a shared platform of information for organizing, managing, locating and administering the daily items and the network sources. This is developed by Microsoft solely for supporting the Windows operating systems. The active directory is found in the processes and services section of the windows server. A number of services associated with identity and as well as are based on a directory now come under one roof of active directory.
LDAP uses CLDAP as its transport protocol. The Default Port no. LDAP is on Http is 389 and 636 over SSL.
KCC is an acronym for Knowledge Consistency Checker. In Active directory, KCC component is responsible for generation replication topology between domain controllers.
Sysvol folder/directory refers to a location on the Windows Operating System (OS) where it stores the server's copy of public data and files for the domain. Sysvol is also known as SYSFOL.
RODC can be abbreviated as a read-only domain controller. RODC can be explained as a controller of the domain that has partitions of Active Directory Domain Services. But they only possess read-only partitions. RODC is readily available in the Windows server operating system version of the year 2008 and its further greater versions. It has mainly been designed to be used in branch offices that are not able to support their own domain controllers.
The subnet, popularly known as subnetwork can be understood as one of the logical subdivisions of the IP network. Now subnetting is the name given to procedures in which one single network is divided into two or more subnetworks. Now the system that is connected to a subnet is recognized or referred to with an identical and most important bit-group. This lies in the IP address of the respective system.
Flat Namespaces can be used to find which are those libraries and executables other than predefined libraries and executables offer all symbols like functions and external variables. The libraries when loaded might depend on a symbol and that is why it can look in the Flat Namespace. After all the symbols are found, the library adds its own symbols in its list. The amount of possible collisions is one of the biggest advantages of this. The duty of dealing with the collision is given to the Operating System.
Related Interview Questions
Active Directory Interview Questions
Activex Interview questions
WPF interview questions
WCF Interview Questions
LINQ interview questions
Azure Interview Questions
ASP.NET Interview Questions
C# Interview Questions
VB.Net Interview Questions
ADO.Net Interview Questions
PowerShell Interview Questions
TFS Interview Questions
Windows Server Interview Questions
Silverlight Interview Questions
.NET interview questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions