Fresh School Graduates or Freshers Telephonic interviews have emerged as a popular method to screen the right job applicant for the in-person job interview. The following post shares some useful telephonic interview tips for fresh business graduates. Read them:
So, you are a Fresher and applying for various job openings! This is the time when you need to start early preparation for facing a job interview.
Employers nowadays rely on telephonic interviews to shortlist and recruit potential employees. This is a part of the employee selection process, which helps the recruiters to narrow the pool of job applicants. This method is considered as one of the most convenient and cost-effective ways for companies involved in interviewing out stationed candidates.
Hence, when you are hunting for your dream job, it becomes imperative to prepare for a mandatory interview call as it is a task to present yourself as a right candidate to the future employer in a few minutes of talk.
Here are Top Telephonic Interview Tips for freshers.
Telephonic interview is mainly about answering all the queries of your potential employer on phone. It requires excellent communication skills, which includes being an active listener and effective fluent speech.
Here are some important points to remember during a phone interview:
- Never interrupt the interviewer as it can give a bad impression of being a bad listener
- Do not chew anything, drink, eat or smoke during an interview to avoid any overlapping of words
- Smiling will give a happy tone to your voice and create a positive image to the interviewer
- Keeping a glass of water can help you to drink it in case you feel nervous during your interview
- It is important to speak slowly and have a clear speech to make your interviewer understand you
- It is professional to use the title of the person with their last name (For example, Ms. or Mr. with the last name)
- Give to the point answer as your interviewer cannot give much time to get every answer
- Take note of every detail given by the interviewer
- Keep your resume handy in case the interviewer wants to cross check anything
- Turn call-waiting in your phone off before attending an interview call
- Most important, always maintain a pleasant tone at the time of answering any question.
Apart from the above-mentioned tips, practicing mock phone interviews is a useful tip. Talking to your employer on phone is not an easy task. There are many do's and don'ts that need to remember. One of the best ways to prepare for a phone interview is practicing mock interviews with friends or family member. For best results, record your whole conversation and listen to it, later on, to check how it sounds. This helps you to get a feel of a telephonic interview in advance and improve on the areas where you lack.
Your preparation for a telephonic interview depends on preparing in advance for some common interview questions:
Questions based on your background:
- What was your final and starting compensation level?
- Explain your job responsibilities.
- Date of employment and type of company you were working with.
- Why do you want to change your job?
- What kind of job challenges and opportunities did you find in your previous organization?
Questions related to your new job opening:
- How much salary do you expect?
- What new challenges do you expect in your new job?
- Why should we select you? How your skills match with this job profile?
- Why do you want to do this job?
- What do you expect from your new job?
- Tell us something you know about this company.
- Are you ready to relocate?
Other Personal Questions:
Some other personal questions asked by an interview include:
- Tell us your strengths and weaknesses.
- Tell us about yourself.
- What is your career goal?
- What motivates you at work?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
So, follow the above-suggested tips to ensure success in your telephonic interview. The above-mentioned tips prove useful to job applicants, especially Freshers graduates, who are applying for their first job.