The SEO technique would be recognized as "Black Hat or Spamdexing" if
- It is disapproved by the search engine
- It involves deception
- It redirects users from the desired page to the one that is more user-friendly
- It serves one version of the page to search engine spiders/bots and another version to the user. This is called “Cloaking”.
- It also shows hidden or invisible text with tiny font sizes. These are normally hidden within the HTML code as “no frame” section.
- It repeats keywords in meta tags that are not related to the site's contents. This is called “Meta tag stuffing”
- It calculates the placement of keywords within a page to raise the keyword count, variety, and density of the page. This is called “Keyword stuffing”
- It creates low-quality web pages containing very little content but is instead stuffed with similar keywords and phrases. This is called as “Doorway or Gateway pages”
- It hosts multiple websites while giving a mirror effect, these are normally similar contents using different URLs
- It creates a rogue copy of popular websites showing similar content but redirects the surfer to malicious websites. This is called as “Page hijacking”
Avoid “Black Hat” techniques to improve the ranking of your site. Search engines are smart enough to identify all the above proprieties.
Also, Read 10 Recommended Questions on SEO Digital Marketing 2017 -2018