D3 JS interview questions
- 1) Define D3.js?
- 2) What does D3 stand for?
- 3) Who developed D3.js?
- 4) Why use to D3.js?
- 5) How D3.js identify on which elements to operate?
- 6) Explain selections in D3.js ?
- 7) Explain, what is the use of “Enter” and “Exit” selection in D3.js ?
- 8) List Type of sliders are available in D3.js?
- 9) Explain transition in D3.js?
- 10) List the command to interpolate two objects in D3.js?
- 11) which is the correct way to use XML file for d3?
- 12) What is the best way to create the stacked chart in d3 js?
- 13) How to import XML data using d3.js?
- 14) Which is not a valid scale in d3 js?
- 15) What is different between d3.scale.linear() and d3.scaleLinear().
- 16) How to alter zoom modes in d3 js?
- 17) How to set initial zoom level in D3.js?
- 18) How to resize an SVG when the window is resized in d3.js?
- 19) How to get Mouse position in D3.js?
- 20) What is the difference between canvas and SVG in d3.js?
- 21) How to format the date in d3.js?
- 22) List types of loops available in D3.js with syntax?
- 23) Explain axes in D3.js?How to create d3.js axes without numbering?
- 24) Explain Transition is D3.js?
- 25) How to calculate the area of the polygon in d3.js?
Below are the list of Best D3.js interview questions and Answers
D3 stands for Data-Driven Documents
Mike Bostock wrote D3.js based on his work during his Ph.D. studies at the Stanford Visualization Group. Mike worked at the The New York Times for a while and is now independently working on D3.js.
You can use D3 js because
- D3.js lets you to build the data visualization framework
- D3.js focuses on binding data to DOM elements.
D3.js uses CSS-style selectors to identify elements on which to operate.
In D3.js “Enter” selection is used to create new nodes for incoming data and “Exit” selection is used eliminate outgoing nodes that are no longer required.
There are 7 types of slider are available in D3.js, they are
- Default slider
- Slider with start value
- Slider with slide event: 0
- Slider with default axis
- Slider with custom axis
- Slider with min, max and step values
- Vertical slider
A transition is a selection-like interface for animating changes to the DOM. Instead of applying changes instantaneously, transitions smoothly interpolate the DOM from its current state to the desired target state over a given duration.
To apply a transition, select elements, call selection.transition and then make the desired changes.
d3.select("body") .transition() .style("background-color", "red");
d3.interpolateObject(a,b) command is used to interpolate two objects in d3.js
The correct way to use XML file for d3 is d3. xml(url[mimeType][,callback]) . This command is used to create a request for the XML file at the specified url.
The best way to create the stacked chart in d3 js with the hel[p of the following steps:
- Enter the data in a worksheet and highlight the data.
- Click the Insert tab and click Chart. Click Area and click Stacked Area.
You can import XML data using d3.js with parsed XML data objects. d3.csv().
If input is greater than 10 or less than 0 in domain or the range is greater than 600 then it is not a valid scale in d3 js.
To create scales showing the linear relationship between the output and input we use d3.scale.linear() and d3.scaleLinear(). The domain and range of the scale are set by default at the interval (0,1) which expresses the function y = x. It can be used for flipped range, nice bounds, round ranges, non-numerical range, camping, etc.
There is a minor difference between d3.scale.linear() and d3.scaleLinear() which is on the basis of its use.
- If you want to create d3.js linear scale on version 3 then use API d3.scale.linear()
- If you want to create d3.js linear scale on version 4 and 5 then use API d3.scaleLinear()
With the help of the d3.zoom function you can alter zoom modes in d3 js.
You can set initial zoom level in D3.js by setting d3.behavior.zoom().translate([100,50]).scale(.5);
You can resize an SVG when the window is resized in d3.js by resize function, for example Svg = d3.select("#div_basicResize") .append("svg").
You can use d3.mouse() function in order to get the Mouse position in D3.js. This function will return the x-coordinate and y-coordinate of the current event.
In SVG we can re-select a circle and modify it or access its properties. Whereas in Canvas you can't bind data to shapes within the canvas as the canvas only comprises pixels.
You can format the date in d3.js with the help of d3 time formatting, for example d3.time.format("%Y-%m-%d").
The types of loops available in D3.js with syntax can be demonstrated by:
- Creating an Empty SVG - const svg = d3.create("svg");
- Creating a Circle Element - var circle = svg
- Function to Contract the Circle - function contractCircle()
In d3.js axes renders human-readable reference marks for scales. D3 provides the following functions to draw axes:
- d3.axisTop() - Creates top horizontal axis.
- d3.axisRight() - Creates vertical right-oriented axis.
- d3.axisBottom() - Creates bottom horizontal axis.
- d3.axisLeft() - Creates left vertical axis.
In d3.js a transition is a selection-like interface for animating changes to the DOM therefore instead of applying changes instantaneously, transitions smoothly interpolate the DOM from its current state to the desired target state over a given duration.
To calculate the area of the polygon in d3.js you can use d3. polygonArea. It returns the area of the specified polygon. If the vertices of the polygon are in counterclockwise order the returned area is positive; otherwise, it is negative, or zero.
Latest Interview Questions
ES6 Interview Questions
Terraform Interview Questions
AWS Lambda Interview Questions
Laravel Interview Questions
Wordpress Interview Questions
Hybrid App Platform
VB.Net Interview Questions
C# Interview Questions
ASP.NET Interview Questions
WCF Interview Questions
WPF interview questions
Activex Interview Questions
Kotlin Interview Questions
Illegal Interview Questions
AngularJS Basic Interview Questions
QuickBooks Interview Questions
Puppet Interview Questions
Public Relations Interview Questions
PouchDB Interview Questions
PolymerJs Interview Questions
PHP String Interview Questions
PHP 7 Interview Questions
Phantomjs Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.