D3.js interview questions
- 1) Define D3.js?
- 2) What does D3 stand for?
- 3) Who developed D3.js?
- 4) Why use to D3.js?
- 5) How D3.js identify on which elements to operate?
- 6) Explain selections in D3.js ?
- 7) Explain, what is the use of “Enter” and “Exit” selection in D3.js ?
- 8) List Type of sliders are available in D3.js?
- 9) Explain transition in D3.js?
- 10) List the command to interpolate two objects in D3.js?
- 11) which is the correct way to use XML file for d3?
- 12) What is the best way to create the stacked chart in d3 js?
- 13) How to import XML data using d3.js?
- 14) Which is not a valid scale in d3 js?
- 15) What is different between d3.scale.linear() and d3.scaleLinear().
- 16) How to alter zoom modes in d3 js?
- 17) How to set initial zoom level in D3.js?
- 18) How to resize an SVG when the window is resized in d3.js?
- 19) How to get Mouse position in D3.js?
- 20) What is the difference between canvas and SVG in d3.js?
- 21) How to format the date in d3.js?
- 22) List types of loops available in D3.js with syntax?
- 23) Explain axes in D3.js?How to create d3.js axes without numbering?
- 24) Explain Transition is D3.js?
- 25) How to calculate the area of the polygon in d3.js?
Below are the list of Best D3.js interview questions and Answers
D3 stands for Data-Driven Documents
Mike Bostock wrote D3.js based on his work during his Ph.D. studies at the Stanford Visualization Group. Mike worked at the The New York Times for a while and is now independently working on D3.js.
You can use D3 js because
- D3.js lets you to build the data visualization framework
- D3.js focuses on binding data to DOM elements.
D3.js uses CSS-style selectors to identify elements on which to operate.
In D3.js “Enter” selection is used to create new nodes for incoming data and “Exit” selection is used eliminate outgoing nodes that are no longer required.
There are 7 types of slider are available in D3.js, they are
- Default slider
- Slider with start value
- Slider with slide event: 0
- Slider with default axis
- Slider with custom axis
- Slider with min, max and step values
- Vertical slider
A transition is a selection-like interface for animating changes to the DOM. Instead of applying changes instantaneously, transitions smoothly interpolate the DOM from its current state to the desired target state over a given duration.
To apply a transition, select elements, call selection.transition and then make the desired changes.
d3.select("body") .transition() .style("background-color", "red");
d3.interpolateObject(a,b) command is used to interpolate two objects in d3.js
To create scales showing the linear relationship between the output and input we use d3.scale.linear() and d3.scaleLinear(). The domain and range of the scale are set by default at the interval (0,1) which expresses the function y = x. It can be used for flipped range, nice bounds, round ranges, non-numerical range, camping, etc.
There is a minor difference between d3.scale.linear() and d3.scaleLinear() which is on the basis of its use.
- If you want to create d3.js linear scale on version 3 then use API d3.scale.linear()
- If you want to create d3.js linear scale on version 4 and 5 then use API d3.scaleLinear()
Related Interview Questions
Node JS Interview Questions with Express
Ajax Interview Questions
Aurelia Interview Questions
Backbone js Interview Questions
D3.js interview questions
Ecmascript 2017 Interview Questions
Emberjs Interview questions
ES6 Interview Questions
Ext js Interview Questions
Grunt js Interview questions
Gulp Js interview questions
Handlebars js interview questions
JQuery Interview Questions
JSON Interview Questions
Knockout js Interview Questions
Koa Js Interview questions
Less.js interview questions
Marionette js interview questions
Phantomjs Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Most Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Node JS Interview Questions with Express
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions