Why Node Js
Today, the technology is replacing all over and the same in the IT sector. The competition in this industry is running at high speed and the existing frameworks are replacing with the new one. In these days, node.js is one of those backend frameworks which is administering the perch in the IT industry and highly accepted by the big companies.
The features of Node.js shows that it is the fate of web development without the spot of an uncertainty. If you are still in confusion regarding the career in Node.js, will be shine or not. Then definitely you should go through the article and find out why Node.js is preferring over others and what makes it so beneficial.
A small Introduction to Node.js
What does a Node.js developer do?
It may be possible you are still in doubt and the question is running in your mind- What exactly a Node.js developer do? Is he/she back-end developer or the front end developer or something else? Here we give you a whole discussion about the roles and responsibilities of a Node.js developer.
Roles and Responsibilities of Node.js developers:
- The utmost responsibility of any node.js developer is he/she has the ability to write reusable, testable, readable and as well efficient code.
- The node.js developer can implement the security and protect the data from any threat.
- They also capable enough to integrate the server side logic with the user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- The developer can create applications that are lightweight and highly intractable,
- Use tools and ingenuity to fix the errors or defects.
- Above of all, the developer cooperates with team members and helps the organization in its improvement.
These are some responsibilities that every developer should have to follow in any organization to set up his/her position.
What makes Node.js preferable?
As we seen Node.js is quite popular among developers. But the question arises what makes this platform popular? To answer this question we describe some of its features that makes Node.js special and superior among others.
Features of Node.js:
|Modularity||The utmost feature of Node.js is its modularity. Node.js divides its every functionality into the modules or packages and thus makes easy to implement the task. In general, Node.js contains thousands of thousands of modules that deliver their own functionality individually.|
|Asynchronous I/O||Non-blocking I/O feature of Node.js makes its working fast and hence improve the speed of running applications. It interacts with the file system to do communication by using Asynchronous IO models which states that It permits the other processing to continue if the IO processing is slow i.e. if I/O taking more time to execute.|
|Event-driven asynchronous Platform||To handle requests, a Node.js follows the event-driven loop structure.|
|Better Socket API||Socket Module API provided by the Node.js platform helps to develop the applications such as real-time, multi-user chat and gaming very easily.|
|Jade Template Engine||Jade is a default template that supported by Node.js for developing HTML applications very easily. Templates are used as a reducible code because we write it once and reuse them to reduce development time.|
These are some features that make a Node.js more powerful platform in the field of web development.
Why Future of a Node.js developer is bright?
There are many reasons that show that the node.js will run for a long time. So, the developers who have a keen interest in web development can choose Node.js for his/her career. The parameters that make its future bright are shown below:
- Flexibility: This is the feature that mesmerizes developers to use node.js which is it is entirely free from any strict guidelines. You are free to turning, twisting, tweaking and using it in the way you want to. All is, you should have to be creative and explore it as per your innovativeness.
- Server Side Solutions: It is quite popular for being a highly scalable architecture that helps in developing the client side solutions very quickly. This is why it attracts the companies to hire developers who have skills in Node.js.
- Concurrency handling: Above all, Node.js handles many requests very smoothly. As it is a single thread with event loop architecture that serves numerous requests without any problem.
There are many reasons that show that the node.js will stand alone among others and not any other platform can replace in future. You can definitely go with Node.js and embrace your future with a high earning job.
These are some applications where Node.js can be used. Although the list is quite huge, so we display only some of the applications using the table view.
|Network Applications||Proxy server||Multiplayer Game Applications||TCP server|
|Web Applications||Real-time logistics systems||Real-time Applications||File uploading tools|
|Process Monitoring Tools||Stock-Trading Dashboard||HD Video and Voice Communications||High Concurrency applications|
Currently, there are many companies that have started the use of Node.js in various applications. Here we enlist some of the popular firms that will be helpful for you to start your career by choosing the company from the list shown below:
- Cloud IDE
We hope this will help you to start your career.
Qualifications and skills required for a Node.js developer:
- Firstly, you must qualify your bachelor’s degree in any computer subject course or you should have a certificate in Node.js. Coming to skills, a Node.js developer should have a good knowledge in the front-end languages like HTML, CSS.
- Along with Node.JS, a developer must have a better understanding of its frameworks as the frameworks expand the functionality of Node.js. The frameworks such as Express, strong loop, etc. may include in the list.
- As we know, Asynchronous IO is all Node.js about, so the developer must have a good knowledge about Asynchronous programming, and its workarounds.
- In addition to this, the Node.js developer should know how to interpret API codes and use them in their project, In short, they must have proficiency in RESTful APIs and its communication.
- To ensure the security of web applications, the developers should have basic knowledge in user authentication and authorization between multiple systems.
- The developer must write efficient codes that are workable as well readable to any other developer.
- The crucial part of any application is to handle the errors so that the system may not crash. The developer should have the basic knowledge of error handling.
- Familiar with gulp or grunt node package managers that ensure the smooth running of any web application and improves the speed also.
- Node.js developers should have the knowledge to create database schemes that support business.
These are enough skills that led you to the top position of Node.js developers in any company. If you have these skills then you are all ready to set the fire, otherwise, fold your sleeves to prepare yourself in these skills.
Recommended Reading: NodeJs and Its Frameworks
Salary offers to the Node.js developer:
If we see in It industry, we find out that Node.js has been growing a lot in these days. Many frameworks have developed around it like express, loopback and so on but the scalability of node.js apps made it more preferable among all these.
Also, the big companies are rushing towards Node.js developers for their products. Although salaries vary from city to city, and in regions. It also depends on the experience also. Some points are considerable that made the variation in salaries:
- Proficiency in any other skills?
- Any Experience in other back-end technology?
- How much experience do you have as a node.js developer?
- Expertise works on which stack? Mean?
So these all point affects the salaries to be paid. To get a high salary, you must have knowledge of other skills as well.
Salary on the basis of experience:
If you are looking for the technology, you want to highly engage with, then, Of course, go with Node.js! This field has a plethora of opportunities to grow.