IBM Cognos Interview QuestionsDownload Cognos Interview Questions PDF
Cognos Interview Questions
It is a tool which is defined in Cognos to extract and transform the data from different data sources to target data sources.
It is used to create advanced business reports.
It has many advantages that are described below:
- It has the ability to design complex layouts with the use of different data sources.
- It shows faster results at lower costs.
- It can use a plethora of charts which includes cross tables, lines, gauges, bar charts and many more.
- It shows complete connectivity indifferent of an environment. Cognos supports all RDBMS (Relational Database Management systems) to handle reporting data.
- It can perform on any operating system which means the user doesn't need to install again on changing the operating system.
- It creates reports very accurate, relevant and reliable.
Sequential: which runs the session one by one.
Concurrent: Which runs the sessions simultaneously
Cognos Dynamic Cube encourages two types of pre-computed aggregate values and these are
- Saved in in-database tables
- Saved in an in-memory aggregate cache
- An aggregate advisor can hold a factory of in-memory aggregates and further in-memory aggregates do not need the DBA.
- Instructions are saved in the "Content Manager" and when a cube is started after this, it is affected.
- The properties of a dynamic cube decide the fate of the size of the aggregate cache that is the highest amount that can be used by the aggregate cache.
6. What do you understand by the term ‘Frame Manager' in Cognos and write all the layers of the framework manager model?
It is possible for the users to make data sources with the help of the framework manager within the several Cognos series. It also allows users to add details and logic. A framework manager is a reservoir of information and logic that can be used in a data source in a logical Cognos architecture.
The Framework Manager model comprises of three different layers:
- Database layer
- Logical Layer
- Dimensional layer
It is used to find the hidden patterns and trends of data.
Related Interview Questions
A+ interview Questions
Git Interview Questions
GWT interview questions
IELTS Interview Questions
Interview Questions for Hiring managers
Linux Interview questions
Matlab Interview Questions
OpenGL Interview Questions
Openstack Interview Questions
Aerospace Interview questions
PLC Interview Questions
Memcached Interview Questions
Product manager interview questions
Soap interview questions
Teacher Interview Questions
Xml interview Questions
XSLT interview questions
Yarn Interview Questions
Soap UI Interview Questions
Catia V5 Interview questions
Software Engineer Interview Questions
Subscribe Our NewsLetter
Never Miss an Articles from us.
- Common Interview Questions
- Python Flask Interview Questions
- NoSQL interview questions
- JQuery Interview Questions
- C programming interview questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Express and Node JS Interview Questions
- Core Java interview questions
- HTML Interview Questions
- Laravel interview questions
- Wordpress Interview Questions
- Core PHP Interview Questions